X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify This Guitar Kelly Pro

Hey guys!
    I found some one selling Jackson Kelly Professional
    He is saying that he can't find any serial number on it.
    I don't know nothing about this model(the Pro)
    is it like the Kelly KE3?
    better ?
    he doesn't know when she was made to.
    so if some one can tell me about it some details
    It'll be very helpful

oh
    and the pickups : armstrong
    Bridge : I don't know , can you tell me?(Jackson Patentened by floyd rose)

Last edited by Farkoson; 01-20-2007, 07:54 AM. Reason: added pictures

Well, the Trussrod Cover has the name on it - Kelly Pro? Kellt STD (Standard)?

The serial number on that one was either a sticker on the back of the head or stamped into the last fret (sticker, most likely).

Offhand I'd say it's a small step above a KE-3, though the KE-3 had fins.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Well, the Trussrod Cover has the name on it - Kelly Pro? Kellt STD (Standard)?

The serial number on that one was either a sticker on the back of the head or stamped into the last fret (sticker, most likely).

Offhand I'd say it's a small step above a KE-3, though the KE-3 had fins.
      Thanks m8
      Helped alot

Comment

That would an early to mid 90's Kelly STD (maybe 93-94). The other models had sharkies. The tremolo is a JT-580. I happen to have the same guitar in navy blue.
        My gear
        87 Charvel Model 6
        86 Charvel Model 4
        93 Jackson RR EX
        93 Jackson Kelly STD
        88 Ibanez RG560
        99 Schecter Diamond C-7
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Yep, Kelly Standard. I had one of those in deep metallic blue. The pickups in that appear to have been changed from the Jackson pickups.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They have sticker serials on the back of the head. Mine's peeling off.

The neck feels better than my usa soloist did, and better than any of my ibanez. Too bad it's bolton, and can't fit a real floyd.

Comment

Why does it being a bolt on mean it wont fit a real floyd?. It most deffinately will fit an OFR. The trem posts are the same spaceing etc.. The only thing i can think of is the rescessed cavity will make the std longer sustain block stick out a bit. But you can get one with a shorter block. And the longer screws of the OFR for the string blocks. Other than that it will work fine. lol
              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                Why does it being a bolt on mean it wont fit a real floyd?. ...... And the longer screws of the OFR for the string blocks. Other than that it will work fine. lol
                Gil
                That's not what he's saying - he's saying "too bad it's a bolt on" and "too bad it can't fit a real Floyd", not that being a bolt-on affects the Floydination.

And it won't fit an OFR because of the longer screws.

That said, I had a Kelly (my first Jackson) - don't know if it was a KE-3 or KX10D or what (no pic, bad memory). It was a bolt on and had no trouble out of it as far as the tired old neckthrough/bolt-on sustain argument goes.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And it won't fit an OFR because of the longer screws.
                  It's a JT-580LP on there now. An OFR should fit in there no problem.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's not what he's saying - he's saying "too bad it's a bolt on" and "too bad it can't fit a real Floyd", not that being a bolt-on affects the Floydination.
                    Right. And I don't see how a real floyd would fit into a lo pro spot, but I sold the only one I had with one so I can't test fit. I figure at very least it would look "ghetto".

Comment

Working...
                    X