X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JDR-94

Hello there.
    I have a question
    I need to know about that guitar some details.
    Is it better than the
    Kelly Pro Standard?
    Or the Dinky DK-2 Pro?
    and the DKMG ?

I just want to know to wich guitars can i compare to the JDR-94

Thankss

Depends on what you're gonna do with it. I own a JDR94 and a DK2, and I like the DK2 better. If you're on a budget, you can still buy a JDR94 and put some decent pickups in there later on and still have a good guitar. It's a nice guitar, you can get it for cheap, but it just doesn't have the features of the DK2 or DKMG, especially the post-2005 ones with real Duncans/EMGs.

Comment

The JDR-94 a.k.a., the PS-4 is comparable to the JS series today.
      -Rick

Comment

Sort of. Only made in Japan (Concept series JDR94/95) instead of Korea (Performer series) or wherever the JS stuff is made.

Comment

Right you are about the Concepts being made in Japan.
          But they were not anywhere near the quality of the Professional series.
          Crappy electronics and cheap trems.
          The necks were awesome though.
          IIRC, the body for a Concept is Basswood.
          I parted out my JDR-94 a while ago.
          I would still say they are comparable to a JS.
          -Rick

Comment

Yeah, the pickups are crap, the trem is your standard import tin can metal, but I wouldn't say it's a bad guitar. The neck, as you say, is really nice, and if you put good pickups in it it might just be a good workhorse guitar. The trem holds tune at least, something the JT580 in my DK2 didn't after 2 years or so.
            I wouldn't dare saying they are top notch guitars, but they aren't the worst of the bunch either. Put some decent pickups in it and you're set.. if not, you get what you pay for.

Comment

The PS4 I have is a 95 it has an alder body JT-500 trem.Them works fine just doesn't have as good a feel as the 590.The electronics are not great but work(being upgraded to night).Mine is Made in Japan and is on the low end of the scale. Still its a great guitar.The neck and its playabilty make it worth the money.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I loved mine. I liked the pickups and it had good action even with a warped neck(it was knocked over into a coffee table). All the guitars listed are much better though.

Comment

Looking thru some old posts it seems my PS4 has a JT-580 trem due to the short string locks.
                  installed a pot upgrade kit today and it sounds better the J-70s and whatever single these had can' take much gain without getting fizzy.Still great on the cleans.
                  Last edited by straycat; 01-21-2007, 01:01 AM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My JDR was so much better than the DK-2 i currently own due to some problems, and i think you can drop one very cheap; don't forget that it can be modified to catch up the Pro series

Comment

Working...
                    X