Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics.

Comment

How does it play? I think based on looks alone I'd return it to original.

Comment

I dunno, I kind of like the way the pickups and bridge look.

It plays pretty well, aside from a minor bit of fret buzz. I'll just have it looked at quick and adjusted by my local guitar store.

I don't anticipate doing that much to it in the near future except possibly replacing the p/us with EMGs.

Comment

Whoa, when you said modded, you meant it. What the heck kind of bridge is that?

You mentioned rerouting for a trem, doesn't it already have the routing at the back for a Floyd? I ask because all these guitars came with a Schaller Floyd, and I think I can see the remnants of where the locking nut was.

Don't know much about the pickups, but they look very Carvin-ish, though with less holes.

Comment

That bridge looks crazy, I like the look of the pickups tho.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
              Whoa, when you said modded, you meant it. What the heck kind of bridge is that?

You mentioned rerouting for a trem, doesn't it already have the routing at the back for a Floyd? I ask because all these guitars came with a Schaller Floyd, and I think I can see the remnants of where the locking nut was.

Don't know much about the pickups, but they look very Carvin-ish, though with less holes.
              It originally had a Floyd. The previous owner took out the Floyd, filled the entire area with solid wood and refinished over it, and installed the fixed string-through bridge through. The string holes are right at the bottom on a separate metal plate. It's really professionally-done - if you look at the back, you can't even tell there was a Floyd cavity there to begin with.

The pickups and bridge are from Fury Guitars (http://www.furyguitar.com). Not much clue about them, but I like the bridge. Pickups aren't bad, but I just love the way EMGs look, and want to give them a shot.

Comment

Definately take that crap out and get an OFR. It's definately creative, but OFR's are so much better!
                My Main Rig:
                '87 Charvel Model 4A
                Peavey KB100 amp
                Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Pretty interesting. I'd like to see how the nut job is handled in the modification, but the blurry pics won't let me. Well... congrats man!
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here you go. I got better pics.

Nut.

Bridge.

Rear of the guitar with plate for string holes.

Comment

I don't know, it's cool if you like it. But in reality that's an abortion gone wrong. For the $ you could have done a lot better. But if you like it, that's all that matters, so don't misunderstand me. But those modifications were stupid and any self respecting luthier would have not attempted that. Butchery that will require sorcery to become remedied. Rock on!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well, I'll reinstall a Floyd or Kahler or something whenever I feel like it, but for now, the fixed bridge stays. The look's kind of growing on me.

Comment

I kinda dig it. It's a unique one for sure!

Comment

I agree with Joe, because if you want to get that back to it's Floyded goodness, it's going to cost you a fair bit, so if you like it like this, keep it that way, you'll be ahead $$$ wise.

The thing I don't like most about the bridge is the finish, it should have been black or black chrome. It stands out likes dogs balls and looks cheap, though I'm sure it's a fine bridge, and the install job seems quite well done. We've all seen worse around here.

Comment

What I LIKE about it is that it's chrome, heh. It looks really neat. Like car trimming.

I'm just grumpy because I bought Schaller straplocks to put on and they're nickel, so they don't match with the chrome. So I have to go get black ones now to match the tuners.

Comment

that's a strange bridge!

Son Of Spy
                                1976 Gibson Mk53
                                1988 Charvel Model 3
                                1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                                X