RR5 vs RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 vs RR3

I've decided I want a Rhoads guitar. Its between the RR3 and the RR5. Besides the RR5 looking nicer, being Floyd-less, and hhaev a set neck, is one made better than the other? I like the looks and neck-thru construction of the RR5, but I like the Floyd on the RR3. So I guess it just coems down to preference? Also, is there anyway to get a Floyd on a RRhoads with the RR5's Ivory color scheme otuside of the custom shop?

I have the RR3 and I love it...
    I in the future...
    I don`t see me buying a guitar without a floyd rose...
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

They have those new 24fretters in white that are coming out soon. look at then namm page.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        They have those new 24fretters in white that are coming out soon. look at then namm page.
        My only problem the the 24 fretter as it would be a bit redundant with my Charvel, which while its only 22 frets it has EMG pickups and a Floyd :P

Comment

I dont own either (both are truly sweet guitars) however the "string through" "set neck" of the RR5 has a much fuller tone in my opinion. Depends on what sound your after.

Comment

don't you mean neck-thru?

for me, it's between the RR24 and the RR5... leaning towards the RR24 cuz of the EMG, the Floyd, the binding and the paintjobs.
            "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
            Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
            Dimebag Darrell
            Chuck Schuldiner
            Cliff Burton

Comment

I will say the RR5 slays the RR3, but when you really look at it is it really worth an extra $400 for the same guitar with a few differences and a neck thru construction?
              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
                I will say the RR5 slays the RR3, but when you really look at it is it really worth an extra $400 for the same guitar with a few differences and a neck thru construction?
                Yes. I have 2 bolt on guitars, a bolt on bass and a neck thru bass... and the Neck thru is definatly worth the money IMO.
                "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                Dimebag Darrell
                Chuck Schuldiner
                Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post

Yes it is worth the extra cash! Play them along side each other and that will speak for itself. The RR5 is the BEST RR model from Japan........
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                    The RR5 is the BEST RR model from Japan........
                    Apart from the Bond Rhoads and oh...now the RR24?
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The main differences between the RR3 and RR5 are those:

1)The RR5 is neckthru, the RR3 is bolton.
                      2)The RR5 is fixed bridge with string thru body, the RR3 mount a Licensed Floyd.
                      3)The RR5 has Seymour Duncan pickups, the RR3 has "Designed" Duncan (here in Italy and only the newer models).

I heard that the RR5 is the most "USA-Like" Japan Jackson guitars.

If You wan't a Floyd RR5 look at the new RR24, they comes with a cheap floyd rose (it is original but worst than an "standard floyd") and 24 frets. I remember that is availables a white with pinstripe paint option but not shure (even if it's white non ivory) ...
                      Visit The Dream Maker Official Website!!!

Comment

whoooo, back from the dead!

The RR5FR is now available for those who want a Floyd on their RR5. The RR3 is now available with "real" Duncans, just like the RR5.

and the guy before you mentioned the RR24 back in Jan '07.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X