My friend's DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's DKMG

My friend has an older DKMG is that Forest Green color... its got the EMG'Hz's w/ the turbo charger and its got the licensed floyd, binding and whatever else...

he is looking to sell it, but he asked me about how much he can get for it.
    It's in really good condition, I don't think it has any chips, he has barely played it and it just sat around his house for a couple years. oh, and he lost the locks for the nut somehow.

I don't have any pictures, but how much do you think he could get for it?

I told him since its an older model around $300-$350 around the most, but he thinks he can get something like $600 for it. He has no sense of depreciation. I would buy it, but I'm saving for an RR24.
    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
    Dimebag Darrell
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Cliff Burton

FYI its called the EMG Afetrburner You probably couldnt get $600 for a like new 2006 DKMG. Maybe you could. You could get $300-500 on ebay though if it was like new. But since the locking nuts are lost, I would say $300-450 tops. Though I'm cheap so someone with more experince could be of more help. Still though the missing locking nuts are gonig to hurt what he sells it for by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      FYI its called the EMG Afetrburner
      Sorry!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I know that EMG had the afterburner and the turbo charger, and thought that this was the turbocharger, my bad. and ya, he's kinda dumb. He thinks that the overall depreciation is what he got it for minus tax when it's actually missing a part.

I have to say though, it does play pretty nice.

EDIT: I just looked it up, it IS the Turbo Charger... the Afterburner is a different control (idk how). Only the Afterburner is on the EMG website, I think that the Turbo Charger is the same thing but exclusively for Jacksons or something.
        Last edited by TrendkillDBD; 01-25-2007, 05:22 PM.

R.I.P.
        Dimebag Darrell
        Chuck Schuldiner
        Cliff Burton

Comment

Tell him to take it to ebay and see what he gets. If he lists it for $600, explain to him he's throwing money away on ebay fees.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            Sorry!

LOL. i'm so slow to notice my typos

I know that EMG had the afterburner and the turbo charger, and thought that this was the turbocharger, my bad. and ya, he's kinda dumb. He thinks that the overall depreciation is what he got it for minus tax when it's actually missing a part.
            No offense to him, but he doesn't sell stuff often does he. A guitar is liek a car: the moment you take it home and play it, it loses a lot of its value. If I was him I would list it at $200 and see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              No offense to him, but he doesn't sell stuff often does he. A guitar is liek a car: the moment you take it home and play it, it loses a lot of its value. If I was him I would list it at $200 and see where it goes.
              exactly, putting aside the fact that it's 3 years ago. and he was acting all pissy when I told him $600 was too much for a new old stock one like his. Also, I told him that the only person that he's gonna be able to sell it to at that price would be a crackaddict who knows nothing about guitars.

R.I.P.
              Dimebag Darrell
              Chuck Schuldiner
              Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
                EDIT: I just looked it up, it IS the Turbo Charger... the Afterburner is a different control (idk how). Only the Afterburner is on the EMG website, I think that the Turbo Charger is the same thing but exclusively for Jacksons or something.
                "Turbo charger" is what Jackson called them. They are in fact, the same.

Comment

I've been looking at the DKMG (+Ts) and the last two T's went for $243 and
                  $214 respectively. I really want one in Cobalt blue (drool).
                  The people listing for higher amounts are getting no bids.
                  The DKMGs are going for a little more..say $300.

HMMV.

Son Of Spy
                  1976 Gibson Mk53
                  1988 Charvel Model 3
                  1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Dealers have DKMGT leftovers on ebay for sale "new" (as new as a guitar shop guitar out on the floor can be) that come with a warrenty for $350 BIN.
                    Probably could get them for less. I own a DKMG that I paid A LOT more for new at GC, then put EMG81/85 in it, and I know it's not worth much used. THats just the way it goes when you buy stuff new.

On another note I think these discounted DKMG (or T) are a GREAT deal. I may actually sell something and pick one up. Karl

Comment

Working...
                    X