Mark Morton Dominion neck shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Morton Dominion neck shape

I've been doing some research into this model and as far as the playability, sound, and tone of this goes it seems all thumbs up. What I haven't been able to find is what the neck shape is like. Can anybody here who has played it compare it to a sls or fusion neck? I thought the Jazz'r neck was a v shaped neck which I don't like. Being a short scale kind'a guy I'm thinking of checking one of these out but want to get some feedback on the neck first.

According to the specs on Jackson's site, it's even thicker than the Phil Collen PC1.

MM - 3rd Fret: .910”, 12th Fret: .950”
    PC - 3rd Fret: .825”, 12th Fret: .890”

The Jazz'R and all the other Swee-Tone models were available with two different profiles... not sure of the measurements offhand, but the standard was the slight V shape, and the other was vintage round. I believe the MM is more of the vintage round. I love thicker necks, and I've already got a deposit on one of these babies!
    Not sure of the specs of a Fusion offhand, but they're pretty thin, from what I remember.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I prefer the somewhat thicker necks as well. I found the spec sheet for my sls and it's .790" at the 3rd fret and .850" at the 12th. I don't know what the fusion is either but it's noticably thinner then the sls. Being thicker then the sls is probably fine with me, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't the v shape. I really don't like that shape for some reason. Hmmm, the hunt may be on . . .

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        MM - 3rd Fret: .910”, 12th Fret: .950”
        PC - 3rd Fret: .825”, 12th Fret: .890”

damn, they need to start putting these on rhoads' or KV's. cause...yknow...id buy one.

Comment

I agree, I liike thicker necks also. I sold a sweet 1993 CS Soloist because it had the speed neck and was way too thin for me. I also sold 2 sweet USA Fusions because of the pencil thin necks. I have to try a new MM1 and see how it plays. Jack.

Comment

Working...
          X