No announcement yet.

A big "HeLLo" everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, am I glad to know another Singaporean in this thread. Which school did u study at? haha... I guess you're around my age... I'm 20 by the way...

Couldn't really trust the local dealers here, their tech servicing is as good as DIY by going through forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
      Welcome and nice pair!
      He said nice pair, he-he.

Welcome to the board, that's a nice soloist. I was this close to getting that exact Ibanez awhile back, but in the natural mahogany. And congrats on setting up your own Floyd. I'm still a bit intimidated to to set mine up, but I guess I'll just have to dive in like you.
      Cheers!

Comment

Mine is in tune till now from the last time I set it up and put it in the case. Quite easy to set up but tedious. You need to check for loose ends and also make sure the knife edge is filed properly. Mine wasn't... probably I'll do it soon. I also set my action too high just for the extra notes I can get from pullups. I'll probably set it lower cos finding it hard to sweep pick.

I find that the guitar neck is thin and somehow don't have the extra chunk to roll over for easy sweep picking or is my sweep picking technique wrong... haiz...

Bro usrname, the ibanez is great for its value and sounds good... I have a SD Jazz neck pairing with a custom custom. You should give it a try cos it is set neck, fixed bridge and also mahogany with a shorter scale compare to the soloist. It is certainly a players guitar with no tremolo to worry about...

Anyway, the ibanez has been setup a long time ago and is my main guitar for now until I can shred on the Jackson...

Comment

Originally posted by Noobster View Post
          Boy, am I glad to know another Singaporean in this thread. Which school did u study at? haha... I guess you're around my age... I'm 20 by the way...

Couldn't really trust the local dealers here, their tech servicing is as good as DIY by going through forums.
          18, at McMaster University, Canada. Not a bad place.

I'm planning to do all my major guitar stuff here, really. Finding proper lessons when I go back is going to be a pain, though.

Comment

Hey bro Extant do you have msn, can add me at [email protected]... we can chat from there.

Comment

Just add me, I'm at redemptor at gmail dot com.

Comment

Working...
              X