Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Professional

Hi out there!

I've read a lot of older threads but haven't found what I'm looking for (yet)

Basically, I've got my hands on some kind of Dinky Professional

The serial number (7 numbers) starts with "93", so I thought it was made in 1993, but I've seen in some threads that only the first number of the serial counts... so when was it then made? 1999 doesn't work...

The specs:
    - "professional" logo on the headstock
    - 24 frets (rosewood fretboard, normal dots)
    - H-S-H
    - one knob, one switch

I hope some of you guys can help me out (btw: this guy is telling me that the PUs haven't been changed - but the bridge PU is one with rails and none of them has got the Jackson logo on it...)

93-94 model year.Does it have a reversed headstock?Rail pickup is normal for the dinky reverse DR5.Search catalog scans.H S H with a pickguard is a dinky EX,rosewood/dots vol/tone and switch.Reg headstock.
    Last edited by straycat; 02-10-2007, 04:43 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks so far... it hasn't got a pickguard or a reversed headstock

Comment

sounds like the Fusion SX. Check out the catalogue scan. http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...92-2Page14.htm
        the rail p/u is standard, it's a J-85
        Hail yesterday

Comment

wow, I guess you're right!
          I haven't found it in the catalogues cause I was always looking for the Dinky...
          OK, so is there anything else you can tell me about this one? The imports from this time seem to be really good, I need a guitar to replace my Ibanez RG 320 (with two DiMarzios) and I think I can't go wrong with one of the Jacksons from this period?!

Comment

Money well spent on these early Jackson imports. Pretty high on the bang for the buck factor.

Comment

Cool. Short scale fusions kick ass.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

OK, I bought it for about 260 $ - in the US probably too much for a "normal" Fusion from the professional series, but over here in good old Europe it is a really good deal (I guess).

I'll post pics as soon I'm able to pick it up from this guy.

Comment

that's a great deal. Congrats. Now let's see some pics!!
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

OK, so here's the pic... just another black Jackson

btw: I'm quite happy with my deal, the only thing that's a bit annoying is that one of the tuners was replaced ba a Gotoh, but the counterpart of the tuner (I'm sorry, I don't know the right expression) seems to be too short, so the whole tuner is quite loose... whatever...

Comment

Forget the guitar, tell me about that amp.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Forget the guitar, tell me about that amp.

ENGL

Comment

OMG, I didn't recognize that my amp is also on the picture

The Engl Digitalamp was the first amp that was built and sold by Engl, the "digital" thing about it: it has got 8 memory-slots where you can save presets

And, afaik, this model is the first connection between tube-technology and the digital world (way back in the 80s)

I got mine from the bay some years ago - this guy used the amp as a rack and had his printer on top of it...

Comment

Working...
                          X