Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
    4 of the 6 strings are strung incorrectly
    I string my guitars the same way, to have straighter alignment between the nut and the tuners...
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
      I string my guitars the same way, to have straighter alignment between the nut and the tuners...
      Exactly.

Can you tell me why you believe they are incorrectly strung and what differences it makes to be strung this way? I figure, with the locks tightened, the stringing wouldn't make a difference.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Ive been wondering about how to tune up mine just recently, the last 4 strings come out of the lock nut at extreme angles that ride up the walls of the locking nut groove, its fine when the nut is locked but its a tad weird when unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          ...although the strap's kinda ghey

Maybe he could do a package deal with your ghey skull knobs

Congrats on the guitar bro !! I am not normally a fan of red guitars but that looks really nice.
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Strange that I would see someone else doing this. I've been playing guitar for 20 years now and only last week as an experiment I thought I'd try going for a less extreme angle on my Jackson/Charvels. Only difference with the one pictured was mine is 3 and 3. I never thought of 4 and 2, but the compulsive / obsessive part of me won't go for that even though the D string is almost perfectly straight through the locking nut at that angle, the space between the A and D are too close, and I need that kind of symmetry in the middle. Works pretty well and you do get used to turning the lower strings one way and the higher strings the other.

The reason I say it is strange is I never thought of doing it before a week ago and honestly I had never heard or seen anyone else doing it, EVER.... and here in this thread alone there are 3 people that do this. Wow!!
            Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 05-31-2007, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Strange that I would see someone else doing this. I've been playing guitar for 20 years now and only last week as an experiment I thought I'd try going for a less extreme angle on my Jackson/Charvels. Only difference with the one pictured was mine is 3 and 3. I never thought of 4 and 2, but the compulsive / obsessive part of me won't go for that even though the D string is almost perfectly straight through the locking nut at that angle, the space between the A and D are too close, and I need that kind of symmetry in the middle. Works pretty well and you do get used to turning the lower strings one way and the higher strings the other.

The reason I say it is strange is I never thought of doing it before a week ago and honestly I had never heard or seen anyone else doing it, EVER.... and here in this thread alone there are 3 people that do this. Wow!!
              Here's something even a little stranger...I replaced the neck on that guitar after I took that picture with the original neck it came with (had some damage repair done) and I restrung it 3 and 3 as you mentioned because I noticed the D string rubbing the center screw of the truss rod cover. Weird!
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by aerostar2005 View Post
                I did! I have 3 DK2M's. One Black, One White, One Crimson Swirl.
                OK you guys convinced me! I now have one in Inferno Red as well!!
                http://www.facebook.com/djloverboy

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                  How about a group shot together so we can see those 3 finishes side by side under the same lighting? If it's not too much trouble for you of course.

- Leo.
                  Go to http://web.mac.com/djloverboy/iWeb/D...%20Guitar.html

Photos are there of all four of my DK2M's!

Comment

I just bought the DK2M W/Red Ghost Flames & Reverse headstock. I'm becoming a Jackson Guitar Whore aren't I?

Comment

Me too. I bought my DK2M earlier this month, picking up my DK2S next week. I plan on getting my KE3 back at the end of September.

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Me too. I bought my DK2M earlier this month, picking up my DK2S next week. I plan on getting my KE3 back at the end of September.

You're gonna love that sustainer!
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                        X