Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a PS3T, thoughts?

Hello all,

I am new to forum. As with most newbies I just got a Jackson, so I signed up to find out some info.

Anyway my dad called froma flea market and told me he bought me a PS3T in mint condition for $125, with a hardshell case. ( I believe it is Korean due to the 12th fret markers!)

I was wondering if that is considered a good deal, it seems so to me.

It's still on the way to me, so I have not had a chance to play it. I was wondering what the genereal impression seems to be on them? After reading some posts here, it seems to be pretty good, but needs a pick up upgrade ( I was thinking some Bill Lawrence 500XLs would do the trick.) The gutiar looks really nice. I was wondering if they have the compound radius fretboard, if they have neat frets (not sharp on the edges) if that tremolo works well, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance. Have a good day!!!
    Here is a pic.

$125 is a real good price especially considering the condition and the case that's included. Congrats on the new V, and I would throw a Duncan Distortion in there. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

$125 is a good deal. You may have some sharp edges on the frets because of where it was made but again $125, you could get close to that price just trying to get a case! Tell your dad I'm looking for a KV. Oh and Welcome to the JCF! post some more pics when you get it.

Comment

Great score, Congrats!

Comment

Where did you say this flea market is located......
          Won't find anything like that at the ones around here!
          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Welcome

Great score

+1 on the Distortion
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks guys,

Looks like it is getting hung up due to the weather up in chicago. I'll post some more pics once I get it.

So does anyone know if this has the compund radius neck? That seems to be the standard deal on Jacksons, so I am hoping so.

I told my Dad he had a great score, to get that case alone is in the $100 range.

Here is another pic, more close up to see the flame (It looks really sweet to me!), and trem...

Comment

It should be a standard compound (14” to 16”) radius.

Comment

It looks so cool, and great price IMO and you can always go for some bridge, neck, p/u upgrades. And let me assure you how lucky you are, in the place i live you can't buy any guitar besides some noname strat copies not even consider a Jackson for only 125 dollars

Comment

that is SWEET! 125 bucks...i would have easily parted with! id probably put some nice pickups and a better trem in there (those have the JT-500's, id probably get a Schaller Floyd, or try to find a baseplate for a Floyd II and switch the saddles and stuff over).

awesome find!!! i wish i could get that lucky!
                    My metal band Lucian Scott
                    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                    Available Now!
                    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Does that tremolo have a bad reputation or what?

Comment

Yes.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can you elaborate? What should I be on the look out for.

My brother moved down to Texas, so we have been jamming metal more often, but i don't imagine I will ever leave the jam room with this guitar. That being said, I think it should get very abused. I have a Washburn Nuno N2, does anyone know that guitar? That is a licensed tremolo, but it seems to work fine.

Comment

Nice score.

Comment

Ok I looked at this thread:

And according to the pictures, it seems that my guitar has a JT-580, not A JT-500. The 580 has the long barrel type tips for locking the strings, vs the 500 has shorter barrels? It also seems to have the same logo direction that the example picture shows...

Here is my trem:

Here is the example pic of a JT-580 :

The example page shows this to be a JT-500 (does not look like mine!):

Is it possible I have a later PS3T that came with a JT- 580, and not a Jt-500?

What do you guys think?
                              Last edited by gdallas; 02-15-2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X