Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New score : Rhoads Pro J000156 !!

Hello,

I've been around JCF for a while, but never posted anything yet. I'm a reader more than a writer Jackson Guitar Palace is my place, but I tought about posting that new score on both forums. So here's the story

I was reading the local newspaper ads this morning, haft asleep in the bus going to work. And I see this little ad in the corner that says; Jackson Flying V guitar, white in color with black edges... low price. Need cash. Ok, fine..

So I call, and the guy doesn't know much about the guitar, except that he is the second owner, guitar has a Floyd and bla bla. Asking 600$ with the case. So I come to his place tonight, he open the case and J000156 was there, looking at me :P I didn't hesitate one second!! 10 minutes and I was gone.

J000156, very early 1990, probably one of the first batch made. Very nice yellowish pearl white, bindings got 'creamier' over the year. She's in pretty good shape, few nicks and bruises here and there. 100% original except the truss rod cover, allen key holder and a knob, which was replaced by a kill switch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all Rhoads Pro had the JE-1200, as stated in the catalog. Well, this one doesn't.

Fingerboard is impeccable, frets are almost new, everything is silky smooth. Just a little bit of dirt, it's an easy clean. I didn't had time to restring, but even with the old strings, it's a beast!! Those poplar wings add some weight, and it sounds so much more than alder. Construction is flawless.

Sorry for the crappy pics, lighting is bad in my apartment. Enjoy!
    David

Nice! Lucky bugger.

I own J000162, which has been heavily modded by the previous owner. I'm going to tweak around more with it as soon as I have the cash - right now it's sitting around with a couple EMG 81s and a really weird-but-cool string-through-body bridge.

Actually, interested in a partial trade?

Comment

Didn't wanna haggle, huh?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice score bro!!!! Makes me wish I kept my 2 Rhoads Professionals

Just throw some EMG's in there and some strings and rock out

Comment

It looks great! Congrats!

Comment

Nice, looks just like mine, though I think mine is a 92 from memory. Good score on a great guitar.

Comment

Congrats! How come the pickups don't have covers on them?

Comment

Great Snag dude!
                Strat God Music
                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Wow, nice score. Congrats!
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I don't know, but something about that guitar appears to be unplayable. I suggest shipping the guitar to me for further inspection.

Seriously though, that is a great looking Rhoads.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Awesome axe, man. Sounds like she was meant to be yours.

Oh, and welcome to the JCF!
                      Cheers!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Extant: Is this J000162? I tought about getting this one but I was skeptic about the bridge modification.

As for the pickups, some J-50 were covered, some not. You don't see a lot of early Rhoads Pro with the covers.

Anybody ever seen a Rhoads Pro with the JE-1200?? The 1990-1991 catalog says; JE-1200 active electronics preamp. I've never seen a Rhoads Pro with this.

Comment

Originally posted by MescaBug View Post
                          Thanks guys.

Extant: Is this J000162? I tought about getting this one but I was skeptic about the bridge modification.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...073450126&rd=1

As for the pickups, some J-50 were covered, some not. You don't see a lot of early Rhoads Pro with the covers.

Anybody ever seen a Rhoads Pro with the JE-1200?? The 1990-1991 catalog says; JE-1200 active electronics preamp. I've never seen a Rhoads Pro with this.
                          Yeah, that's J000162. The bridge is pretty good, actually - stands up well, and looks pretty neat. I just replaced the pickups with EMG 81s.

I'm probably going to refin the entire thing in the future, and MAYBE install a trem.
                          Last edited by Extant; 02-16-2007, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Killer axe!...
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by MescaBug View Post
                              Thanks guys.

I thought that only the later model had uncovered pickups and they all had JE1200 electronics.
                              I'm expecting a 1990 RR PRO with covered pickups and JE1200 to arrive .

Comment

Working...
                              X