Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member (with Pics incl obscure guitar!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member (with Pics incl obscure guitar!)

Actually, a sort of new/old member...

I had a login name here about three years ago when I was first looking into Jacksons, but that was a few email addresses ago and I've lost all inklings of what password I had - in any case, I thought "this thread is worthless without pics" - so here's a pic of what I have so far, electrics-wise:

It's a Jackson DK-2 (made in 2002, I believe), Trans Blue... Pups changed to Seymour PA/TB-2b (Parallel axis distortion trembucker) in bridge, Hot Rails in the middle and an HR-101b (bridge pickup modeled on the Hot Rails with increased output) in the neck position.

The other guitar is a Vester Concert Series II, obviously some sort of Dinky Strat clone, but feels really good to play. OFR bridge, chunky maple neck with rosewood fretboard, enormous frets (almost like playing scalloped) and two Hot Rails paired off with a Gibson 500T bridge pickup. Love the binding around the body. The pic doesn't show it, but it's flame maple with a trans blue finish as well, only much darker.

Mainly play the Jackson these days because of the advanced age and wear on the Vester, and absolutely love it!

Oh, and yes, that is a triangle pick.
    Last edited by GryphonGuitar; 02-18-2007, 06:39 AM.
    - Andi Kravljaca -

welcome,nice guitars
    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!
      Nice guitar...

P.S.: (it is: ... This thread not user...)
      Last edited by Special-K; 02-18-2007, 08:06 AM.
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Thanks! Duly noted and edited
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Welcome. I had a vester myself , but sold it to help pay for a charvel. nice neck shape. Mine was a POS though.

Comment

Welcome, nice gits man, I remember those Vester's back in the day.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
              Thanks! Duly noted and edited
              No problem my friend
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Welcome, cool guitars you have.

Comment

Nice guitars. Some Vesters were good, some were dogs. The one shop here has an all white one (freta board included) that looks really slick. That Dinky sounds like it must be reeal mean sounding for metal. How is it?

Comment

Yeah, I know what You mean. I've checked out some Vesters which were really bad. What I've been able to figure out is that some were Korean made and others Japanese - and that there was a huge difference in quality between them. Mine's a Japan model, pretty well made.

As for the Dinky, yeah it works really well for high gain tone, the PA/TB-2b is really great in the bridge position, punchy and trebly, sort of crispy sounding, whereas the HR-101 in the neck position is pure loud mud! Wonderful for well rounded soloing tone. I'm very happy indeed!

Forgot to mention - I play progressive metal stuff, and I use a POD XT.
                    - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Welcome back, Gryphon!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome back!, That vester looks very similar to a Westone i had some years ago.
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Thanks guys Forgot all about this place for a while, but it's good to be back after a taste of life on the "outside"!
                          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Working...
                          X