help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!

hey guys i'm new to this forum and also to jackson guitars so i need help i need to know what do you think of the jackson rr3 pro series i know it comes with seymour duncans so it's nice ... i'm looking for a versatil guitar because i have an ibanez with emg's and it limits me i need good clean tones do you think the rr3 could do it??

Wow...take a breath, dude!

Anyway, welcome! Sure the RR3 can do clean tones, maybe a H-S-S axe like a DK2 would be more versatile, but it's all good.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have an RR3 and the clean tones are pretty nice, especially the Duncan Jazz neck p/u. I think the Bridge in the RR3's are a JB, but mine has a Duncan Distortion. Clean, it sounds good but really rips with distortion.

I think the biggest thing to think about is the shape. Not too confortable to play sitting unless you use a strap. At first I wasn't so sure I made the right choice in buying it but now I am very glad I did.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Actually, if You sit with the Rhoads on Your right knee like a classical guitar player, sort of, it works beautifully!
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Welcome!
          the rr3 can do clean tones beautifully mine can do lovely and chiming as well as distorted
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I love my RR-3...
            The clean sound is really good but, so is the distortion...
            A friend of mine said that he likes the SD PU`s more than EMG HZ`s and
            guess what?... I can totally understand why(listen to the new album of Children Of Bodom)...

I think I will buy a PA-2 in it
            Last edited by Special-K; 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM.
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
              Actually, if You sit with the Rhoads on Your right knee like a classical guitar player, sort of, it works beautifully!
              Grover demonstrates:

Comment

Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Thanks guys!! that's all i need to know now i'm going to buy this guitar i will post pics when i got it

Comment

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
                    I wonder if that was part of the attraction of this design for Randy.
                    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by usrname View Post
                      I wonder if that was part of the attraction of this design for Randy.
                      Probably. Randy actually thought about quitting Ozzy's band to study classical guitar in Europe. He also wanted the Rhoads built with a wider fingerboard like a classical guitar.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Hey guys as i promised i post some pictures of my rr3 ...well i have to say it's a great guitar and i'm glad i bought it, well the picture is not so good cause my camera sucks...

In order: Jackson RR3 , Ibanez RG1570GN with EMG's ,My friend's Ibanez RG470BK with Bill Lawrence on bridge and Squier Strat with the stock pickups of the RG1570

Comment

Congrats!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X