Coming today... (SLSMG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
    The wait is finally over Joe?!?!!!! Nice! Can't wait to see the pics and your review!
    Well, there wasn't much wait... Nick (Jacksonite) had it in stock, I just had to make a couple payments over a few months. It's the Old School Burst he posted about awhile ago. I've got some pics from him, but I'll see if I can take more pics later when it arrives. My computer is jacked up or something and is not synching up with my camera for some weird reason.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
      I've played one before, just didn't like the HZ in the bridge. Problem solved
      Are those mahogany bodies? How do you like the X2N in there?

Comment

I think they're mahogany. I'll let you know about the X2N tonight when I get home, but there's no way I like it less than the HZ
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Sweet! Congrats! The HZs are not to my liking either. I feel a change coming on. I will make a poll to gather opinions, for i'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Congrats on your first Jackson, and yeah, Quakana is a great guy.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats, that's an awesome deal!

Great guitars, and all-mahogany. I like mahogany.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar man - I dig the inlays in that one!!
                That's a total METAL guitar!

ROCK ON MAN!
                My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

So yeah, it just got here. Amazing condition. Not a scratch or dent to be found. Perfect action, awesome neck. I'm giving her a thorough runthrough once I get home. Kudos again to Dave for the huge favor, and an excellent packing job to boot!

Comment

Nice! Glad it made it safe and sound. Mine got here about 3 hours ago. It's very cool. Though, Jackson fucked up the specs on their site again (just like the KV2, the MM1 also has medium jumbo frets and not jumbo as spec'd). No big deal to me.

Comment

Awesome dude! I LOVE my SLSMG more than any guitar I've ever owned. Out of curiousity, can you take a couple pics of the case and how the guitar fits in there? I have one of the new style SLSMG cases and it's a piece of shit. Is yours a Jackson case or a different company? The only other case I have found that looks like it will fit it is the Gator Extra Long hardshell, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the local store so I can swap them back this POS case they sold me...

Comment

Mine came in a coffin case

They are awesome guitars man, it'll serve you well for many years! rock on!

Comment

Can't take pics at the moment, DW, but the fit isn't the greatest. The mold is definitely off, the upper horn just kind of lays there, haha.

So, after a night of practicing along to all the songs I'm playing with my band this weekend, I can safely say that this is the best guitar I've ever owned. I love the necks on my Carvin and my (former) Hamer Cali, but the SLSMG is incredible. The X2N, well...it might be a little *too* much in the low-end and gain categories, but I'm going to give it a bit before I swap it out.

Oh yeah, I did find ONE imperfection in the binding right before the third fret, but it's nothing that affects playability. Still one hell of a score.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                            Oh, it will be. I'm debating on being "that guy" and throwing my band's logo on there:

I say go for it.

Nice axe, love that satin finish.
                            Cheers!

Comment

Congrats!! I had one and sold it. I miss it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X