Tuning help with my New PS3T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning help with my New PS3T

Ok it seems like the tuning stability with this new tremolo is in question. (JT500)

She just does not want to return to pitch after I use the bar? From what I have read, I am thinking that the knife edges on this trem are not very good. Is there anything else I should check first?

I have read that a OFR base plate might do the trick?

Also, is there a nice drop in, no routing replacement trem that will fit this guitar if I decide to go that route??

Thanks for the help.

Obviousness check. Have You checked the tightness of the locking nuts?
    - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

> I have read that a OFR base plate might do the trick?

Yeah, or you could just block the trem - you can't pull upwards (can still divebomb) but you get rid of the whole hassle of spring tension vs. strings balance, dull knife-edges that never return in tune, & all that.

That's what i would do, especially if you change tunings often.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

have you checked the tightness of the screws that hold the saddles? i know i check them every time i change strings, because they can come loose (and if the saddle slips you will loose tuning!)
        also, the trem may just be shot. JT500s arent the best, and if its dead theres not much you can do other than replace the plate for a Schaller, Floyd Rose II, or JT-590 plate. or just replace the whole thing with a Schaller Floyd (which will drop right in). if you put an OFR in there you would have to route the back so the bolts wont be sticking over the rout.

good luck!
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Thanks man,

Where can I get a Schaller Floyd? Any good deals out there?
          Last edited by gdallas; 02-22-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Where could I get a new baseplate maybe?

Comment

you can get Schaller Floyds from StewMac, and quite a few other places. as for the baseplates, im not sure. maybe search Ebay for parts and such. or even a good used Schaller Floyd.
              My metal band Lucian Scott
              Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
              Available Now!
              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
              X