DK2T questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
    Check with the dealer sponsors, they can beat that.
    Thanks for the advice! yes, I have got a good price from a dealer sponsor! But honestly, how good are the DK2T's? I had a Ibanez RG350DX and everyone used to say its crap but I used to think otherwise. The frets on the Ibanez used to literally wear out in front of my eyes. if I do 10 bends, I can see that the fret at which I was doing the bend would appear more worn out than before I did the bends. LOL. but my slsmg, however many bends I do, the frets dont seem to wear out that easily. Are the frets on the DK2T as good as the SLSMG's since the guitar is also made in Japan? Does the body get scratched up easily?
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      Is $600 for a trans black DK2T too much to pay?
      To put it in perspective, the retail price on my Crimson Swirl DK2T was $600. I would also advise checking out the JCF Sponsoring Dealers, as they can beat that. As for the fret work the DK3T, I would say its as good as guitars twice its price,

Comment

Ack, I meant DK2T. Also keep in mind the Ibinhad is about $350, while the DK2T is about $600.

Comment

Sorry, but what is an Ibinhad?
          Sam

Comment

Slang here for Ibanez. Read: I-been-had

Comment

Oh you meant the RG350DX? LOL. Yes, there is no comparison between the two. I just liked the "metal" look of the RG350DX. Snow white with Jagged shark tooth inlays. But playability was very good. I just disliked the floyd and ended up blocking it. It was a good guitar for the price IMO. Ok, thanks, I think I will blow up my tax-refund (if any) on a DK2T.

I am a mahogany body lover ( Dean hardtail select and SLSMG ). I am still skeptical of alder. Have you compared your DK2T with any mahogany body guitars? Is the sound too thin or something?
              Sam

Comment

I dont own any mahogany body guitars, though I have played a few (mainly Epiphones), and nothing seems thin about my DK2Ts sound. It has a great tone ofr metal, and has a really nice toen to it. Sorry Im not good at describing this stuff

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, but it seems i wont be able to get my hands on a DK2T or a DK2M anytime soon, even if i order one they have no idea how long it will take to arrive and could be several months...

What's the situation in the US? Are these guitars easy to find or are they quite rare?

Comment

^ Same here! The standard answer is anywhere from 3 - 12 months! Frustrating. I've had a STRONG G.A.S for a Trans black DK2T for almost 3 months now. Cant find 'em anywhere.
                    Sam

Comment

DK2Ms are everywhere. Guitars centers tend to keep them in stock, but they move fast. You should have no trouble getting your hands on a DK2T, as they dont seem to be nearly the hot seller the DK2M is. Thats for the US anyway.

Comment

But DK2T in trans black is hard to find. On EBay a guy was offering one for $599. I asked almost all the JCF dealer sponsors and none seem to have a trans black one either.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                          But DK2T in trans black is hard to find. On EBay a guy was offering one for $599. I asked almost all the JCF dealer sponsors and none seem to have a trans black one either.
                          Odd. If thats what you want I'd just place an order with a JCF Sponser Dealer then. My only thought is its not a big selling color, so Jackson keeps fewer on hand. I would try to seek out a Crimson Swirl one like mine. I have pictures up, but to be honest the lighting and lack of polishing make it look fugly. They are awesome in person.

Comment

Hi all, i'm resurrecting this thread to let you know that i'm now the happy owner of 2 Jackson guitars, a trans blu SL2H and a trans black DK2M that i bought just a few days ago!

Sooner or later i will get a fixed bridge guitar but for now i'm happy wanking my floyds!

I'm really satisfied by both guitars, the SL2H is amazing and i'm still getting used by the slightly different feel of the DK2M (but i love it so far), now i hope i will not GAS for more Jacksons anytime soon!
                            Last edited by Guitarfreak; 07-06-2007, 07:33 AM. Reason: Oops, i wrote DK2T instead of DK2M, editing to correct it

Comment

DK2T is the fixed bridge model. The regular DK2 has the floyd.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                                DK2T is the fixed bridge model. The regular DK2 has the floyd.
                                Oops, yes i got the DK2M not the DK2T, going to edit my post...

Comment

Working...
                                X