OK, first time poster here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, first time poster here...

Hi, my name is Gary and I just became a Jackson owner last week.

The model I own is the Jenna King V. Having said that, I realize I just lost all of your collective respect. A quick search on this site has revealed that this is probably the most loathed model in the Jackson line, right down there with the lowly JS series.

The guitar was actually a gift from my wife, but I'm not using that as an excuse for owning it. I actually like the guitar and might have bought it for myself, had I been of the mindset that I need another guitar. Including the Jenna, I now own 12 electrics, the last 4 or 5 of which were all gifts from my wife. She likes buying me flashy guitars, which works out well because I like playing 'em. For the record, I don't complain about how many pairs of shoes she buys, either. In case you're wondering, yes, she does have a sister, but trust me, you DON'T want to go there.

I do have several fine American made axes in my collection as well. I don't bring this up in an effort to try to impress anybody or gain credibility on this forum...I only mention it so when I say my Jenna is actually a very nice playing instrument, you'll hopefully realize that I'm not a complete newbie to electric guitars with no frame of reference for quality whatsoever. Up until about 6-7 years ago, as a matter of fact, I was a complete "must be made in the USA" snob. It was only when my wife bought me a couple of import BC Riches that I realized how much import quality has improved since the 1970-80s. Back then, with few exceptions, most imports couldn't even hold tune or intonate properly. Now I'm starting to wonder if made in the USA guitars will even be relevant in a few years, considering how fast the imports are gaining ground in terms of quality and value...I can't see myself ever buying a new Gibson again, given current pricing.

As for this forum, I'm not sure if I'll really become a regular participant or not...the only forum I regularly post in at this time is the Randall MTS forum. My stage rig consists of a Randall RM4 and a VHT 2/50/2, and I generally play about 8 shows a month in a (mostly) modern rock cover band. I'm a classic/80's rocker at heart, though. In fact, I look like I'm straight out of 1987 with long blond hair and a wardrobe straight out of Jimmy Page's closet (my wife buys my clothes, too, BTW).

Anyway, that's probably way longer of an introduction than I should've written, but brevity and subtlety were never my strengths. I haven't bothered to attach a picture of the new guitar only because I know you're all quite familiar with this model and know what it looks like.

Nice to meet you all! Respectfully,
    Gary
    Last edited by goldsparkletop; 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM.

good introduction, Gary. Welcome to the JCF.

If you don't want to post a pic of your Jenna, how about the rest of your collection?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Hi there!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        good introduction, Gary. Welcome to the JCF.

If you don't want to post a pic of your Jenna, how about the rest of your collection?
        Well that I can do! This is probably a bit off topic for the "Jackson import" forum and therefore probably totally inappropriate, but I do love showing off my guitars!

1987 Gibson LP Custom Lite, 1970's Ibanez LP copy, 1999 Gibson LP Classic

1983 Gibson Explorer, 2001 Gibson Gothic V

1980's American Kramers

USA BC Rich Mockingbird, BC Rich NJ Beast

BC Rich Biches

Comment

Comment

diverse collection, man! Very cool. The graphic on the Explorer is interesting.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome man, and great intro.

Comment

Welcome...congrats on the Jackson Your wife should buy you more of those!
                Hear the universe scream
                Bleeding from black holes
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

welcome gary, my wife "bought" most of my guitars too. besides the fact that she doesn't have a job. and i'm not complaining. but i think the main reason is so i don't bitch about her spending habbits. so i feel your pain. but again i'm not going to complain about it.
                  Last edited by chaz00; 03-04-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

also nice guitar collection. where is the new jackson at??????

Comment

WELCOME...

Nice guitars...... anyway... I WANT TO SEE THE JENNA!!!
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Gary, Is that Les Paul Custom Lite a burgandy mist color? I can't tell if the flash lightened it up or if it is the other lighter pink paint color they used that year.
                        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Welcome abaord. Quite a collection you have there.

Comment

Hey, I've got a Jenna and an AT-1. I love both guitars. The Jenna is my "Shock and Awe" guitar, and like you, I love playing it!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Gary!

Sounds like you'll have plenty of positive and insightful thoughts, ideas, and experiences to add to this forum!

I hope you do become a regular here.
                              Anyone that can formulate an introduction as eloquent as you have, will certainly be an asset.

Great collection of guitars!

Comment

Working...
                              X