Jackson RR PRO arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR PRO arrives!

So I got my Ferrari Red 1990 Rhoads PRO yesterday. What can I say? Plays really good, sounds is very nice too, a little bit more output would help though...pickups are still all original (J50B and J50) with JE1200 electronics...all working. I was kinda disappointed when I saw that pickups were the MIJ one with silkscreened Jackson logo on them instead of the USA oversized ones...Why the hell did they put USA ones on Soloist PROs, Charvel 650XLs, Charvel 475XLs and other MIJ guitars from the same era and in the same price range, but not on the RR PROs? Serial is pretty low...J00482. It's in pretty good condition, some minor fretwear, it also has two bigger scars which are not that visible. Sadly, the upper wing got damaged in the transport :/.

How does it compare to my Jackson Stars RR-J2SP? They play pretty much the same, ebony board is a little better on RR PRO though. RR PRO also has a bigger headstock, but that's probably because the nut is 1.7mm (1/16") wider on it. It doesn't sound much, but you notice it when looking at the guitar and ofcourse feel it when you play it. Neck-thru joint is the same on both guitars. What's the most important...they both resonate really good! They weigh around same too (RR PRO has poplar body, RR-J2SP has alder body). There's no much difference between them play-wise, except for the obvious specifications.

Thanks to Rattlehead for selling it to me!

I love it!
    (Except I don't like the red color very much...I'll refinish it to black sometime in the future )

OK, here are the pics:

Bad part now, wing damage:

and how the broken piece fits on:

(I may find the smaller particles in the box it arrived...what do you think is the best way to fix it? Glue for wood?)

its a beauty! Personally I wouldnt do a re-fin. Nice to have some colour variety in your guitars. Although if u fix the wing a refin might help cover up any damage!
    Congrats
    If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Congrats Nazgul! And now go and play the hell out of it!
      Great guitar and great pictures
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgUK View Post
        Although if u fix the wing a refin might help cover up any damage!
        Congrats
        Yeah, that's what I was thinking...And I could do it in black with white pinstripes .

here's another pic where my RX10D is also seen:

Comment

Nice!
          Glue the piece back in place and fill in the rest with an epoxy based filler.
          It will not be noticeable if/when you refinish it.
          -Rick

Comment

Very nice dude...sorry about the damage...
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Glad she arrived and you like her. Unfortunate about the damage though...grrr. I guess if you don't likethe colour and want to refin it isn't AS BAD. Your pictures are way better than mine...I clearly need a new camera.

I'd also just like to say that Uros was awesome to deal with. There were a few bumps along the way (on my part) and he was really cool about everything and the deal was very easy.
              Last edited by RattleHead; 03-07-2007, 03:44 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Congrats, nice collection of japanese RRs now.
                Sucks about the wing damage though.

BTW a red Rhoads like this just glows on stage and is a real chick magnet. Consider this before you refin...
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by RattleHead View Post
                  Glad she arrived and you like her. Unfortunate about the damage though...grrr. I guess if you don't likethe colour and want to refin it isn't AS BAD. Your pictures are way better than mine...I clearly need a new camera.

I'd also just like to say that Uros was awesome to deal with. There were a few bumps along the way (on my part) and he was really cool about everything and the deal was very easy.
                  My camera is not that good too... Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P73. There are few tips on how to get good guitar pics...taking pics in daylight with no flash is the most important and works best IMO.
                  Bumps were partially my fault too so no big deal.

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                  BTW a red Rhoads like this just glows on stage and is a real chick magnet. Consider this before you refin...
                  Sure will! If I do get it refinished, it won't be until the September or so. It has plenty of time to grow on me .

I'll try and record a video tomorrow and post it here!

Comment

Single-boxed with no HSC and one lousy layer of bubble-wrap?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very nice RR PRO ! Too bad about the wing !

Comment

Very nice axe ... I've never seen an RR with a ferrari red finish and black pickguard. I'd leave the finish if I were you, looks killer! Anyway, nice catch.
                        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Nice. Needs black bevels!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Even with the damaga - a great guitar indeed !

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Single-boxed with no HSC and one lousy layer of bubble-wrap?
                              Nope. Rest of the box was filled with packing peanuts...guitar couldn't move in side the box...I had a really hard time getting it out of the box and by the time I had it out of the box, my room was filled with packing material .

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Nice. Needs black bevels!
                              Yeah! Would like much better IMO too.
                              Last edited by Nazgul; 03-08-2007, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X