Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

:ROTF:

Hey now, I feel left out, all I got on my first post was you making fun of me saying Addition.

Sniff... Sniff.. I feel so left out.

btw, those cat pics are cool
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

:ROTF:
      :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Welcome ! Nice axe !

Comment

Your serial is a pre-2006, so the specs are:

Alder body
          Maple neck/scarf joint/rosewood board
          24 jumbo frets
          MOTO Shark fin inlays
          Jackson JT590 trem
          5 pounds of pure awesome injected straight into the wood

The newer ones are essentially the same, but with Basswood bodies and JT580LP trem, and they only have 3 pounds of awesome in them.

Comment

Originally posted by DXMG View Post
            Jackson JT590 trem
            Wrong

2002 - 2006 DXMGs have 580 trems.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wrong

2002 - 2006 DXMGs have 580 trems.
              OK, Im glad you said that, cause I was never sure. But, isnt the 580 a low profile type? Or is that just the 580LP, and there is a non-LP 580 also?

I was under the impression that the 590 is "OFR" style, while the 580 is "lo-pro" style. If that is the case, then my DXMG and the one in this topic definitely have 590s. If there are two 580 models (std/lo-pro), then I concede the point, since I was never sure to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by DXMG View Post
                OK, Im glad you said that, cause I was never sure. But, isnt the 580 a low profile type? Or is that just the 580LP, and there is a non-LP 580 also?

I was under the impression that the 590 is "OFR" style, while the 580 is "lo-pro" style. If that is the case, then my DXMG and the one in this topic definitely have 590s. If there are two 580 models (std/lo-pro), then I concede the point, since I was never sure to begin with.
                There is a 580 and 580LP. 580 is more like OFR and 580LP is obviously low-pro. Huge amount of trem ID info can be found here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

I believe the 590 has not been used on MIJ Jacksons for some time, all recent models are either 580 or 580LP, but I could be wrong about that...
                Last edited by cbope; 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM.
                My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Working...
                X