Neck Pocket on DK2M.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Pocket on DK2M.....

Anyone know the neck pocket size on a DK2M?.I have an idea for a project,just needing a little info...........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Building a neck or swapping ready-mades?

Most any Jackson neck will fit a DK2. The only one I've found that will require modification is a JTX neck due to the heel length.

I put one of those Fleckstone Dinky Reverse necks on a DK2 HRF body and it fit just fine.

The only issue I've ever run into is older mid-90's necks used thicker bolts than recent models, so you'd either have to drill all new holes through the neck and pocket or ream out the pocket holes to use the thicker screws.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, do you have dimension numbers for the new and old neck bolts? They would be of great use to me...

I'm building a mutt and haven't gotten all the parts together yet - and now I'm considering having a custom laser cut plate made. It would be great to be able to buy the correct neck bolts and not have to redrill the holes.

Comment

It will be a new neck,Newc.Do you know the neck pocket specs?I want to use a new neck on a different body.......

Comment

should be 2-1/4"W X 3"L X 5/8"D

Comment

Thank you.......

Comment

Like Z1N said it's 2-1/4" wide but I'm guessing it's 3/4" deep for the recessed trem.

Comment

I just took the neck off of one and as I suspected it is 3/4" deep.

Comment

Working...
                X