Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my DK2T in Transparent black! ...finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my DK2T in Transparent black! ...finally!

I've been hunting for a hardtail Jackson with the regular pointed headstock and shark-fins in transparent black for the past 6 months or so. SL2HT's... the wait time is a year. The Jackson factory have run out of stock for DK2T's in trans black. So I was told by all the jackson dealers (both on this forum and on eBay). Only one was available, but for $650 shipped.

To make a long story short, I got a trans-black dkmgt on ebay for $350 with case and thought about, swapping the neck with a DK2T's. But on eBay, the DK2T necks were selling for as high as $350. One member from this forum made me an offer to swap his DK2T's neck with my DKMGT's but later backed out. In the end, that was a good thing.

On Ebay, I got lucky on a BIN Trans-black DK2T with a few dings and scratches (none too bad) for $300 and free shipping!! I bought it last sunday and I have it with me today in 1 week!! I'm so thrilled. I am gonna pretend this is my trans-black SL2HT. The frets are in very good condition, just need some polishing. The SD's sound awesome!! Its everything I expected in a DK2T and I got it for half the price. Thanks to eBay. Well, eBay can be a blessing sometimes. Anyway, took some group pics of my jacksons and the dk2t.

if someone is thinking about getting a dkmgt in trans-black, dont even bother. look at the difference in the veneer. The dkmgt is more black than trans-black. but I sort of like its body-shape. The DK2T's is the more classic soloist shape.

Sam

Whats the red slim bodied one with the smurf hat headstock?

Comment

My new slsmg... with active EMG's
      Sam

Comment

Im not a fan of the smurf but thats sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Im not a fan of the smurf but thats sweet.
          Thanks! But I think it needs a pro setup, after which its gonna rock!
          Sam

Comment

Congrats on the score!
            I see you like string-thru guitars... me too!
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yup! Cant beat them on the sustain. The sustain on the DK2 is awesome! Also, I tend to change tunings between practise and this setup is the best IMO.
              Sam

Comment

Man thats a nice group there. Congrats

Comment

Nice Trans Black. I have a Trans Blue and love it.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                  X