Back From The Dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back From The Dead!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and I'm back after a long dark journey. The journey is far from over but I can see some light towards the end of the tunnel.

It's been a trying year for me to say the least. I haven't posted since before last June. I had a mass removed from the inside of my spinal cord and a mass removed from the outside of that just below. They were convinced it was cancer before going in and, well, my prognosis for life, or much of it, was pretty dim. Turned out to be non-cancerous but the operation was still necessary to prevent total paralysis from the waist down. I am now walking again. Not too far and quite a bit off balance, but walking. So, I LIVE! Though I'm now officially a GIMP. It's good to see the old and new posters here. I missed this forum almost as much as I missed my Jacksons. The DK2M and the DX10D saw very limited use for quite a while.

Too often we just don't know what we have until it's gone. Though life does suck sometimes, the alternative is unacceptable. From the immortal words and song title of the heavy metal masters, I'm back from "Beyond The Realms Of Deeeeeaaaaaaaaaaath!" I think that consumes about 8 of my 9 lives.
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Welcome back.
    Glad to hear it was not cancer.
    Give yourself some time and focus on healing.
    -Rick

Comment

Too often we just don't know what we have until it's gone.
      The key is to realize it before that happens -

Good to see you back!
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Welcome back, dude!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm glad to hear that things are looking better. I know being away from the JCF is painfull enough so please ease that pain with some more postings.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

(Even though I wasn't here when you were ) Welcome back! Glad to hear hear you're doing better!

Comment

Welcome back. Glad things are going well.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hate you had to go through that, but you can never be too safe. Glad you're allright and welcome back!

Comment

I hope you recover as fast as possible.Welcome back bro!
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Thanks all for the welcoming return and the well wishes. It is greatly appreciated. Modern medical procedures are amazing to me. It's great to have the opportunity to get back online and exchange guitar talk. I am beginning to spend more time playing and doing some minor adjustments. I can play for up to an hour or so about every other day, sometimes more. Mostly sitting (on a sweet padded stool) but I've forget myself now and then and play a song or two standing. Can't remember when something hurt so good! Well, maybe I can but I ain't sharing.

Comment

Glad to see you're getting better. Things look good for the future, looks like you'll be back in good shape pretty soon
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Hey, glad to hear you're on your way to recovery! Stronger than death Hope you'll (still) like it here!
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Welcome back and hope you stay healthy and I loved that song as a kid!

"How many like him,
                          Are there still
                          But to us, all
                          Seem to have lost the will
                          They lie in thousands
                          Plagued and lost
                          Is nothing worth this bitter cost"

Comment

"Yeah! I've left the world behind
                            I am safe here in my mind
                            Free to speak with my own kind
                            This is my life, this is my life
                            Ill decide not you
                            keep the world with all its sin
                            Its not fit for livin in"

Awesome song. One of my all time favs. The guitar solo has to be ranked as one of the best ever. I've heard a lot of guys try to play it. Heard a few JP cover bands attempt it. But no weeooo! Closest I've heard to nailing it was when Halford had his own band (Halford). Great version of it on Live Insurrection.

Thanks again guys. It's good to be back among the living!

Comment

Welcome back man.

Comment

Working...
                              X