Jumping on an RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping on an RR5

I got an offer on one of these for a price I cant mention on board, but i'll say its closer to the price of an RR3. So I'm thinking gonna jump on this thing. Good idea or not, normally I dont like making impulse buys with that kind of money, but this thing is screaming to me

RR5s are great. I had one, and sold it. I wish I wouldn't have.

Despite the fact that I own an RR1T, I still wish I had my RR5.

I modified mine by putting a Duncan Jazz in the neck position, gold pickup rings, and a Gold "RR" truss rod cover courtesy of www.fretsonthenet.com.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Back in the fall I did the very same thing, found an RR5 that was priced at RR3 level. I have not regretted it one bit. Mine was almost perfect but had a small chip on the wing as most used V’s do. I absolutely love to stock PU’s in it. I heard good things about the Duncan Jazz’s and my at some point try that. I went from a Performer RR which I know is like comparing apples to oranges but what an upgrade. For the price I don’t think you could really do better. I’d go for it. I’ll also mention that I do from time to time see RR5’s on eBay for the price range I think you’re talking about but I still say go for it. If you don’t need a trem you’ll love it. Also as AlexL said frets on the net is the best place for your parts should you want to modify.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
        RR5s are great. I had one, and sold it. I wish I wouldn't have.

Despite the fact that I own an RR1T, I still wish I had my RR5.

I modified mine by putting a Duncan Jazz in the neck position, gold pickup rings, and a Gold "RR" truss rod cover courtesy of www.fretsonthenet.com.

- E.

Was the Jazz a Zebra coil? I almost snatched one up from Ebay recently that had all of those mods, and the neck pickup was black/cream. I think I just forgot about the auction or something.

Comment

RR5 are great. I am another dumb ass that sold mine for a model 6. I did make a little on it too.

Comment

I need to get one eventually... One of my favorite guitars...

Comment

I love mine. it's a great player.

Comment

+1.............(with a Jazz in the neck)

and a gold RR T/R cover from Dave (thanks budman!!)

Last edited by 777; 03-30-2007, 03:30 PM.
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I talked to the dealer and they worked out a deal where they set it aside for me

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post
                    Was the Jazz a Zebra coil? I almost snatched one up from Ebay recently that had all of those mods, and the neck pickup was black/cream. I think I just forgot about the auction or something.
                    No. But I believe MichaelMadeja from the forum here bought it from me, and I am not sure what he may have done to it (or any subsequent owners).

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yes...if there's no RR1T available RR5 is the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                        Yes...if there's no RR1T available RR5 is the best choice.
                        Not necessarily...there's the Kevin Bond RR model

I told you guys the KB and the RR24 would push RR5 prices down....
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Not necessarily...there's the Kevin Bond RR model

Yes..sorry...I forgot. Kevin Bonds is very "evil" looking with red bevels

Comment

Working...
                          X