Gear whore shot inside! featuring COW7, SLSMG, SG Silverburst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear whore shot inside! featuring COW7, SLSMG, SG Silverburst

I haven't posted one of these before, so I figure now is a good a time of any.

front to back -
    SG Silverburst, 1 of 400 made! I like the way it sounds, but I can't stand the bridge. If it didn't look so completely awesome it would have gone back awhile ago... but it is going back anyway, traded for a Matamp (Green!!!!) 4x12 with Hot 100s!
    SLSMG - these things are amazing. I am buying one of the older ones that came with EMG-HZs and putting a set of Seymour Duncans in it, because these things play so well and have such a sick sound - but they play SO well it is unbelievable. Absolutely mindblowing how great these guitars are.
    Jackson COW 7 with the 707 switched for an 81-7 - also a very cool guitar. It looks great and it plays well, but I barely use it. I can deal with the five steps lost off my top end when I tune my SLSMG down to drop A, so there is no point on having a 7... plus the 81-7 is not the same as the EMG 81. I just can't get it to sound as good as the SLSMG does.

I guess I could throw this in too. Mesa Mark IV medium head with a recto 2x12 cab. I need to pick up my Green cab so I can get the head matched to it

that's exactly the Mesa Setup I had been dreaming about until I got my 5150.

How good are the tones that you get? Do you need to crank it up or is it still good at bedroom levels? BTW, the SG looks awesome! I would have bought the green burst version.
    Sam

Comment

Damn! Those are sweet guitars. The Jacksons are nice - I'd love a COW7 - but man is that silverburst SG purty!

Comment

Very nice, all of them. I agree about the playability of the SLSMG, outstanding guitars.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
          Very nice, all of them. I agree about the playability of the SLSMG, outstanding guitars.
          +1 I got to get one...I like the ones with a Flame top.

Comment

That SLSMG is an awesome sounding guitar, Im SHOCKED they arnt popular. The geed thing about them is that they are not and going for as alow as $280. I will buy some more in the future
            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Nice equipment, although I have to say that the Ninja Turtles trash can is the most kick ass item in the pics!
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

ahaha I always get comments on that trash can, I've had it for about fifteen years now

I definitely plan to exploit the lacking popularity of the SLSMG. Even other Jackson players I've met locally don't know what it is - they are fucking awesome guitars, and the price is UNBEATABLE.. like you said, used for $280, there is absolutely nothing else I would take above a SLSMG.

As far as the SG goes - looks GREAT, sounds GREAT, plays ehhh. Big fuckin boat hull neck (and its supposed to be a "slim taper") with a sticky non-polished ebony fretboard, and man it was expensive.

Comment

Working...
                X