DK2M vs DXMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M vs DXMG

So I went to Guitar Center over the weekend, and played both of these. At first I thought the only difference was the pickups (DK2 has Duncans, MG EMGs) but then I realized that the bodies are very different. The DXMG was cut differently on the back and had an archtop. The Dk2M was flattop and had a noticeably different cut on the back.

My question is, are all the Dinky guitars this different? I always assumed that a Dinky is a Dinky, and all the rest are options. Is there a source of info on this?

Also, are any Dinky guitars neck-through? The way I hold the neck makes my hand hit the guitar body when going up to the upper frets on a bolt-on and I'm thinking that the more curved surface of a set-neck/neck-through would help.
    Scott

I think you played a dkmg. A dxmg doesnt have an arched top. Dxmg is your standard dinky body while the dkmg has the arched top. A neck through dinky is a soloist. Import version would be a slsmg, I think.

Comment

That helps. So I'm looking for a 2-hum soloist with a maple fretboard then. With an unpainted neck.

Can anyone comment on the differences in the contours on the back of the two Dinkys? I was surprised to see a difference.
      Last edited by Spivonious; 04-16-2007, 09:55 AM.
      Scott

Comment

So I'm looking for a 2-hum soloist with a maple fretboard then. With an unpainted neck
        If you want those specs you're talking custom shop.

Comment

RE:

I do own a DXMG, replaced the passive EMGs with Active EMG-81s, and replaced the bridge with a schaller floyd and it's just damn amazing. Would never sell it no matter what!

Comment

Working...
          X