Fusion Pro Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Pro Comparisons

Hi, all. I finally managed to get 2 Fusion Pro Cherry Sunburst Jacksons. I think it's pretty cool how varied the burst is on these, take a look:

The one on the left is from 1991, and in person, is a better flame top. The one on the right is cool, from 1990, but the depth of the flame is not as pronounced. But notice the difference in the "tightness" of the maple grain. It's the same on the back of the guitar too. Just thought I'd throw these up to demonstrate the variances in the same color...

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Isn't there a law that says you can't have two beautiful guitars like that!!
    I love the one on the right side of the picture. That is my favorite finish.
    Still kicking myself for not going after one on ebay just like that last summer. The guy selling it was in Vancouver BC., and it went for around $420.

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine, and a brain!!!

Great guitars!!!

Comment

Great...Now I want a Fusion. Those are beautiful. Enjoy.

Comment

OMG those are absolutely beautiful. Now that I have a Charvel Fusion deluxe, I've discovered that 24-frets over 24.5" scale is the perfect neck for me. I'm GASSING for one.

Comment

I have a 92 Jackson Fusion XL, not a pro, but it's a transparent red finish and the flame maple looks just like the one on the left. I like the way it looks, almost like a cross between a flame and quilt, it's very difficult to see but here it is....

Comment

I'm like 99.9% sure that these guitars have just a veneer instead of an actual maple cap, My blue '90 fusion pro is somewhere in the middle of those two as far as flame, the second one has the nicest flame I've seen on one of these guitars, nice,
            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
              I'm like 99.9% sure that these guitars have just a veneer instead of an actual maple cap, My blue '90 fusion pro is somewhere in the middle of those two as far as flame, the second one has the nicest flame I've seen on one of these guitars, nice,
              No, the original Professional Fusions did not have a veneer. That is a true maple top. An easy way to tell a veneer from thicker maple is to slowly move the guitar in the light. With a thick maple top the grain will seem to "move" and "flow" across the guitar. With a veneer, it will not have any movement in the wood grain. While that Fusion XL is nice, it's not in the same league as the original Professionals. Notice the difference in the top, lack of mop logo, ebony fingerboard, Jackson electronics, etc.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Awesome guitars! The finishes on these vary greatly...here's mine.

Comment

and mine

Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-21-2007, 09:15 AM.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Very nice Fusions!!! Damn, I need that trans blue....

Here's mine. Trans red and ole plain jane Black. The flame is much nicer on the trans red than will photograph. Maybe I just suck at taking pics. Question for you Fusion owners. Do the necks have any flame figuring on the guitars you have? Both of mine do and every other pro I have seen pics of. Some more prominent than others, but all have had figuring.

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Hi, i'm new to the forum.
                      I'm also the owner of Jackson Fusion Pro, it looks the same as the one from first post, only the humbucker was replaced with EMG HZ-H4.
                      I was wandering how can I determine is my guitar made in USA or somewhere else? I can give you serial number if you can help me anyhow.

Comment

All Professionals were made in Japan . The USAs all say Made in the USA after the Jackson logo.
                        Mike
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Ok thank you very much.
                          If i may ask one more question here,
                          how are the prices going today for Fusion Pro in perfect condition?
                          As I said before, it's just the same model as the right one from the picture in the first post, but now with some modifications on electronics, but all original parts were saved.

Comment

About $350-$450.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                              and mine
                              Now that, is one INSANELY beautiful guitar. If you ever decide to part with it, I want first grabs at it!
                              Gear:
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X