Overhang on DK2M Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhang on DK2M Neck

Heya i want to build my own neck for the DK2M body i just bought. Can anyone tell me how much the neck overhangs from the pocket?
    Heres a picture of the measurement i need (props to the OP of the picture)

got no ruler or tape measure? sorry, i've been out on the piss all night <hic>
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      got no ruler or tape measure? sorry, i've been out on the piss all night <hic>
      haha nah iv'e only got the body for the dk2m so i don't have a neck to work with.

Comment

The overhang on mine is roughly 12-13mm.

Comment

Originally posted by f22 View Post
          The overhang on mine is roughly 12-13mm.
          cheers for that, if anyone knows exact specs it would be helpful but if not i'll just work off this

Comment

I got the measurements with the neck on the body, maybe someone could take their neck off during a string change to get exact sizes.

Comment

Im thinking that the overhang is the same for any 24 fret Jackson neck as they are all interchangeable. I dont know if that helps you any.

Comment

does anyone know the width at the 24th fret as well. Cheers

Comment

Width is 58mm

Comment

No need to worry about the length of the overhang being exact. You want to make sure you build the neck so the length from the nut to the center of the floyd post is 25" unless you want to convert it to a different scale. Of course you want the frets spaced properly too.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                      No need to worry about the length of the overhang being exact. You want to make sure you build the neck so the length from the nut to the center of the floyd post is 25" unless you want to convert it to a different scale. Of course you want the frets spaced properly too.
                      Yeah just trying to get as close as possible, don't these guitars use a 25.5" scale anyway though?
                      Cheers for the width f22

Comment

No problem, Yes 25.5"

Comment

Yes, they are 25 1/2 scale. Hence 25 inches from the nut to the line connecting the Floyd posts. The saddles sit a little further back.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                          X