Infinity Pro now in-hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity Pro now in-hand

I did a short intro about a month ago regarding this guitar. It's now here. Unfortunately the pics I took ended up a bit grainy due to lack of light, but here's an example. High res doesn't really improve things much...

that's a cool one you don't see every day! congrats!

Comment

So anyway, the picture was after I cleaned it up some and changed the strings. Afterwards I took it with me to go look at amps. I've had a soft spot for the 90s Fender Ultimate Chorus ever since I played one way back in the day, and I'd heard that the Cyber-Twin was all that and way more so I'd been wanting to try one out. Struck out at the first two stores I went to, but I ended up at Guitar Center and they had a couple of used first-generations and a new SE. I asked if I could try them out and if they'd rather I used one of their guitars or just brought my own in...they didn't care so I went back to the car and got it.

So keep in mind I'm about 40, a bit fat, a lot bald, with a 6yo in tow...so I can imagine what it looked like. :-)

I check back in at the entrance and they ask me to pull it out so they can track the serial number before I bring it in. No problem. I'm looking around and there are plenty of cheap Jacksons in the store as well as some expensive Les Pauls and PRSs, it's not like there are no decent guitars in there. When I pull it out all the sudden there a lot of wide-eyed employees...I don't know if they know what it is, or were just surprised by the carved top and finish, but people were definitely impressed. :-)

Unfortunately I'm not enough of a player to blow anybody away in that area, but I can play solidly with a good sound. The Cyber-Twins were what I'd hoped they would be, so looks like I'll need to start budgeting for that. The sound of the Jackson through some of the patches was spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
        that's a cool one you don't see every day! congrats!
        Thanks. It's SN J200062 if that means anything to anybody?

Comment

Congrats. Those are cool. Should be a '92.
          http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1...1992Page08.htm
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Congrats. Those are cool. Should be a '92.
            http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/JC1...1992Page08.htm
            Yeah, the one difference from the catalog picture is that it does have the "Infinity Pro" on the trussrod cover. They must have made that decision shortly after shooting the pictures for the 92 catalog.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that. Weird. Here's from the '93 catalog that has it on the truss rod cover, but dot inlays instead, and no binding.
              http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...1993Page28.htm
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X