Price for a Mutt Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for a Mutt Jackson

I originally bought a Jackson DKMG body and matched it up with a neck and a FR that I got from a project PS4 that I bought off of a fellow member. I am very happy with my Mutt DKMG but I think I am going to finish off the MUTT PS4 and sell it. Here will be it's make up. Original 1991 MIJ PS4 body, (which I think is alder), replacement Chinese neck with with Jackson label saying MIA; fast loader brand new FR, (from GFS), Total unknown pickups for H/S/H. Body is in great condition (blue flame). Neck looks to be decent but is clearly fake, I won't know about the p'ups until I wire them.
    I am not attempting to sell the guitar here. I will not be attempting to mislead anyone about it being a mix mash of parts. I was just wanting some opinions as to the value. I am still debating whether to keep it, put in some decent p'ups and call it a day.

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just e-bay it and we'll see how much it goes for
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

No such thing as a 1991 Performer.

The Chinese neck will scare people off, as will the USA logo.

You'd get more for the Floyd than the whole guitar.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks, for the replies.

Here is a couple of pics. I have installed the Floyd Rose and the tuners. I can put pickups in myself. I thought that 91 was the year I was told but I was wrong.

Comment

I think that you will put more money into it than it will sell for. I do like that body though. Maybe someone else will too. Who knows.

Comment

yeah

I like the body too but there is just something about that neck that turns me off. Something just looks way off there. Personally I think you're best off selling the body and Floyd seperately than trying to put together a guitar and sell that.

Comment

I agree, sell the parts seperately, I know I might go for the body if I saw it on eBay. You'll definitely get more that way, plus it will be easier to ship! (smaller boxes!)
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Thanks again. Good point on piecing it out. I would definitely get more $. I didn't even think of that. My other thought is keep it. It is about $125 away from being finished if I keep going the GFS route. Since it can barely be called a Jackson anymore, I was thinking about putting in some GFS dream 180s and a black tube pickup in the middle. Instead of having a typical Jackson sound, it would have a cool retro sound. Basically, I would be flaunting that it isn't a Jackson. Still couldn't sell it for much but I would do this with the intent to keep it. I actually really have liked the body as well and that is the only thing keeping me from selling it.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/dr18vijamopo.html
                  http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsprlitupig.html

Comment

Working...
                  X