Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what would be considered the bang-for-the-buck Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me its the RR24 no doubt...Everything I want from a USA Custom shop and 1/4 the price.
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

KL, when you find em for $200-300, let me know ASAP!!!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        KL, when you find em for $200-300, let me know ASAP!!!
        Apparently I missed the price range in the initial post. oh well if you ask me you really can't find too much in that price range, but that is all personal preference as I hate bolt-on necks.
        I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Bolt-ons, like Strap-ons, have distinct advantages. It makes it so much easier to retool! :ROTF: Sorry. Couldn't resist.
          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoder View Post
            Oh, I guess I'll stay away from the Performer series. Sounds too "Squier-like" to me...
            Don't let all the Performer series scare you. Check the serial number on the neckplates....if they begin with 9xxxxxx then it was built in Japan and is a fine guitar with lots of bang for the buck. I mostly play my high-end USAs an Early Pro models, but I also have a PS3 Rhoads and have never had any issues with it.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Cool. That's good to hear. Stupid question but are PS3s higher end than PS1s and 2s?

Comment

Nope. Those are all Performer series.

See http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ries/index.htm

for example
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just order a custom shop and be done with it

Comment

If ya want a good Dinky in the Performer series Go for the PS2 which is the H/S/S with a 22 fret neck and a Floyd. Or the PS4 which has a thinner neck, and is H/S/H with 24 fret and the same JT580 trem. I belive those are a Techuchi built trem made in JApan. as opposed to the lesser quality Korean made ones. You can also tell the good Japanese Performers from the bad Korean ones. The 12th fret dots are closer to the edge of the finger board on the Korean ones. Altho this is hard to do on the PS4 since the dots are offset to the bass side of the neck. Plus the seriel number thing If it starts with a 9 its a japanese made. If its starts with a 10 its Korean made.
                    Also the Performer stuff is as floows.
                    PS1 dinky body, standard trem H/S/S
                    PS2 same as above but with floyd
                    PS3 Rhoads
                    PS4 dinky with H/S/H and a counter sunk floyd with a speed neck.
                    PS6 is the Kelly
                    PS7 is a dinky body with H/S/S and a Wilkinsen trem.
                    I dont recall a PS8 but there was also a very hard to find King V in the performer series for about a year IIRC
                    Good luck in your search and let us kow what ya get.
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      If ya want a good Dinky in the Performer series Go for the PS2 which is the H/S/S with a 22 fret neck and a Floyd. Or the PS4 which has a thinner neck, and is H/S/H with 24 fret and the same JT580 trem. I belive those are a Techuchi built trem made in JApan. as opposed to the lesser quality Korean made ones. You can also tell the good Japanese Performers from the bad Korean ones. The 12th fret dots are closer to the edge of the finger board on the Korean ones. Altho this is hard to do on the PS4 since the dots are offset to the bass side of the neck. Plus the seriel number thing If it starts with a 9 its a japanese made. If its starts with a 10 its Korean made.
                      Also the Performer stuff is as floows.
                      PS1 dinky body, standard trem H/S/S
                      PS2 same as above but with floyd
                      PS3 Rhoads
                      PS4 dinky with H/S/H and a counter sunk floyd with a speed neck.
                      PS6 is the Kelly
                      PS7 is a dinky body with H/S/S and a Wilkinsen trem.
                      I dont recall a PS8 but there was also a very hard to find King V in the performer series for about a year IIRC
                      Good luck in your search and let us kow what ya get.
                      Gil
                      hey gil, did you notice this was started over a year ago? i think he mite have gotten one by now but i could be wrong. also in the first couple posts he was advised to stay away from the performers.

Comment

Well somebody posted before i did today. So it showed up as a new post in thread. So yeah i contributed. And as for the performers. He was also suggested to not ignore them just because of the korean ones. There are some great deals to be had with the performers. SO

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          Well, what are you after? Body shape? Trem or no trem? # of frets?
                          First and foremost, that's the #1 most important question to ask yourself, because everyone will have a different opinion about what's the best for your money.

If I had a budget of say $500, I'd choose a 93-96 Jackson Professional Series w/ the bolt on neck.
                          Chance are you could buy one, add a good used Floyd + used pickups, and still be within budget.

* Also the bolt on Professionals come in 22 and 24 Frets, regular and reverse headstocks,Strat bodies and V bodies. Great build quality, awesome specs, and finishes. You really cannot go wrong.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            Well somebody posted before i did today. So it showed up as a new post in thread. So yeah i contributed. And as for the performers. He was also suggested to not ignore them just because of the korean ones. There are some great deals to be had with the performers. SO
                            yeah i cant really say shit cause i saw it as a new post too.

Comment

So who's the rocket scientist who woke up this year old thread with a useless post

Comment

Man I hate that!
                                You check out the thread, then you click on the eBay link and it's long gone. Then you look at the date and realize that someone has resurrected an old or dead thread.
                                Arrrgh!
                                G.

Comment

Working...
                                X