Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what would be considered the bang-for-the-buck Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

;-) Yeah, I was kinda surprised to see the email notification come in ;-)

Gil thanks for the info on the Performers. I'd definitely pick one up if it looked like a good deal.

And no, I haven't bought one yet. I bought a mexican strat from a pawn shop that I couldn't pass up, then I started getting pressure from my wife...something about an obsession or something ;-)

I still would like to pick up a Jackson, though. Priorities have changed recently which has taken my time away from my guitars. It's still a tough call. At least to me, the Ibanez, Kramer and maybe Charvel models are easier to pick out the bang-for-the-buck models...maybe it's the way the product lines are presented, or maybe it's just my familiarity with them.

Comment

Sell your strat and come join us at the alter of Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoder View Post
        ;-) Yeah, I was kinda surprised to see the email notification come in ;-)
        LOL!

Sorry to wake you Yoder Go back to sleep

Ain't nothing wrong with a MIM Strat. I have one that's been sitting in the closet since I bought it new 10 years ago (just so that I could say I own a strat )

Comment

Wake me up!? I've been sittin' on my hands for the last 18 months waiting for one of you guys to respond

Yeah the mexi strat is cool...kinda twangy sounding...it was only $150 and was in good shape. I still want a Jackson or a Charvel, though...

Comment

This is the best bang for the buck Jackson. Bang for the buck...get it? Get it? Da-dunt-tshhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              LOL!

Sorry to wake you Yoder Go back to sleep

Ain't nothing wrong with a MIM Strat. I have one that's been sitting in the closet since I bought it new 10 years ago (just so that I could say I own a strat )
              Hahahahaha!! yeah, 10 more years it will be a closet classic!
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                This is the best bang for the buck Jackson. Bang for the buck...get it? Get it? Da-dunt-tshhhhhhh.

Yeah, his wifes gonna love that one.

Comment

Here's a good deal that just ended on ebay. A great condition 93 Dinky Reverse Professional that went for $240 + $20 shipping. I think this would qualify for "bang-for-the-buck" based on what I learned in this thread.

I was thinking about bidding on it...

Here's a pic...based on the stickers on it, I guess a "prep" owned it Who puts a K-Swiss sticker on a metal guitar? I think I'd rather see a British Knights sticker on there...they're definitely more "metal"

I'll apologize in advance if the seller is another board member ;-)

Comment

Who buys shoe stickers?
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Who buys shoe stickers?

and then puts them on a guitar. I'm sure it is just to "get the chicks"

Comment

Not a bad price at all. JT590 bridge looks good.

Comment

In case any other new members (like me) are reading and learning, I'm gonna add my 2 cents worth. Performers are not really like Squiers. You see.....I'm a cheapo guitar buyer, so I go in and look for the used guitars in the $100-200 area, and play all the low end new guitars I can find. I've played literally hundreds of Squiers and have found exactly 2 acceptable ones. One was a $189 Strat at Guitar Center and the second a black Tele Thinline at Daddy's Junky Music for $279. Squier knows how to find absolutely everything possible to screw up and does one big screw up on every guitar.

Jacksons that I've tried are sometimes in tough shape....but from what I've found..from abuse. If I thought my PS-4 wasn't worth what I paid for it, it's be gone. It's just too good to let go, though. I own 6 other guitars and the Jackson was the next to cheapest to buy. It isn't a bad guitar. Like any guitar I own....I play them first. I spent an hour playing the $150 Stagg and spent an hour playing the $900 Axis. I'll be playing a Wolfgang tomorrow....who knows....could make it another member in the house.

jack
                          Jackson PS-4
                          04 Ernie Ball Musicman Axis Supersport MM90
                          04 Ernie Ball Musicman Sub 1 HH
                          06 Godin Exit 22 HSS
                          69 Guild Studio 302 ch (original owner)
                          00 Ovation S771 Custom Balladeer
                          Stagg B500EX death metal guitar
                          08 Little Martin

Comment

Fett Jr.???
                            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Dxmg

I would go with a dxmg with the reverse headstock. I own this guitar and its kicks ass!! I have changed the pickups out to emg zakk wyldes and put in a real floyd rose the jt580 is still a good tremelo though , just make sure you get the Japan dxmg.

Comment

DK2M, i love both of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X