Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice man

Comment

I just got my white one, I must say, It kicks my old ESP Alexi 600's ass. I wanted a V shape guitar with 24 frets and a Floyd for so long, and It had to be under 1500. The only other alternative was a KV2, and I cannot stand the dual volume knob bullshit, when I want to shred I need the volume knob right there, thats why I have 2 les pauls, I wanted somthing different from the pauls configuration. I then found that the alexi 600 didnt fit in a normal guitar case at all, it was hideous, and the neck joint access was garbage, the cutaway is gross looking too. I have always loved Randy Rhoads, I had an RR3 like two years ago aswell, but I just cant stand a bolt on neck, so going with this guitar was just natural, I dont complain about the neck pickup because people who do complain about it seem to either complain about versitility, which is bullshit, just get another guitar for different genre's of music, I have two les pauls, one Ivory identical to Randy Rhoad's, and a Flourentine in Honey burst, which is a hollow guitar, so thats enough versitility there, but then I have an ESP MH 250, which is pretty well a Soloist with a carved top and a rosewood board, but still neck thru and amazing, also it has push pull coil taps, so more versitility. So the RR24 doesnt really need amazing versitility I find it excels at distortion, but if you roll off the volume it cleans up and sounds great for cleans too, I deffinately wouldnt need to change guitars mid song just for cleans, its perfect that way.
      The other complaint I saw from people from the neck pickup, lack of, was that they couldnt do sweep arpeggios on the bridge pickup as it was too trebly. I countered that too, before I even bought the RR24 I figured, well, lets just play them even cleaner than before, That helped, but the biggest helper was readjusting my amp's settings, turn down the midrange, the problem with a bridge pickup is that the midrange frequency is also trebly, so combine that with your treble knob and your guitar pick's attack will just stomp right through your tone. Turn up the Bass, Turn the mids to just slightly above your treble, and you should be set, and pick closer to the fretboard and dont mute the strings as much, you have to practise the hell out of it but eventually it just gets so smooth it doesnt matter that you dont have a neck pickup anymore. I actually had the opertunity to talk to Alexi Laiho after a show and he said that if you pick closer to the neck your tone will be fuller and it will sound much better, then when you want to palm mute and do rythem stuff just slide it a bit closer to the bridge, either way you should never pick too close to the bridge pickup, stay away from it or you will sound overly trebly and toneless. We then proceeded to drink heinekin and listen to BLS in the tour bus while janne was puking in a bucket because he was sick as fuck.
      www.myspace.com/memnochband
      www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Sounds cool. Start a new thread and post some pics .

Comment

Good. Keep the WHAMMY faith.
          7.7.7.7:47a
          JvicE

Comment

Working...
          X