Is there a way to date this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to date this guitar?

I'm looking for a way to date and tell where this guitar was made, as much as I know is that its a Jackson DX10D model, but its the one with the lightening sky graphic (bolt on, 22 frets, floyd rose, duncan design pups) it doesn't have where it is manufactured stamped on it anywhere, anyway I can look up the serial?

Unfortunately you can't look up serials through Jackson. The only people sitting on serial records, are people right here on the forum, who gathered them one by one.

If you give us the serial of your guitar, we can tell you where it was made, and hopefully give you a rough estimate of when it was manufactured.

Comment

Take off the neck. There should be dates on the body and neck. Tell us what's the serial, we can tell if it's Japanese or not.

EDIT: I saw your other thread, the guitar must be RX10D, made in Japan and it was the special run by MF or someone (can't remember who now).

Dates are written on the neck and neck pocket on my RX10D .
      Last edited by Nazgul; 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        Take off the neck. There should be dates on the body and neck.
        On a japanese guitar at least. Not sure about the indian ones. I have a JS30KV body in indian cedro wood, that only has undecipherable marker scribbles in the neck pocket.

Comment

an RX10D is a Japanese not and Indian guitar
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The graphic would give it away as Japanese also (assuming it's a factory graphic from that limited dealer run a couple of years ago).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I don't know what I was thinking of with the DX10 (I was looking at one earlier, might be why) but yes, its a RX10D, factory lightening graphic, serial 9709567

Comment

A seven digit serial with leading 9 = bolt-on Jackson, made in Japan.
                When comparing the serial to others in my list, I'd say it was made in 2004.

Comment

Ah, thats what I thought, it plays and sounds better than any other import guitar I've played/owned, it really is a nice guitar, even pups sound nice, which is suprising for Duncan design

Comment

Sunbane is correct, 2004 MIJ
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X