jackson DK2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson DK2T

what's hapenning with this guitar? Is it discontinued? Can't find it anywhere but in Jackson's site...

theres a nice one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK2T-Eer...QQcmdZViewItem
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Drum City gutiarland havea few in stock I think....

At least one in Eiree Dessert Swirl...

www.drumcityguitarland.com

Owain

Comment

I found a couple on Ebay.

See my post in your other thread.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70586
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

They are very nice, but aren't as popular due to the lack of Floyds. I love mine.

Comment

I think it has too much competition from the DK2M aswell, I'd love to try one and possibly buy one as workhorse along with a DK2M...

I'd definately get one with a maple version as long as the headstock was body matched with the finish apart from trans colours.....

Owain

Comment

so do you think it might be discontinued?

Too many days they've been off the musicians friend and american musical site... if they are, it's a shame, I think they must be great guitars... I only found the DK2MGT, but I don't know about EMGs... I think Duncans are better...

Comment

I doubt they will be discontinued. A lot of guys don't like Floyds, and if they make one with EMGs they won't drop the one with Duncans. And hte number of that is DKMGT, not DK2MT

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                  I doubt they will be discontinued. A lot of guys don't like Floyds, and if they make one with EMGs they won't drop the one with Duncans. And hte number of that is DKMGT, not DK2MT
                  +1
                  I hate floyds. String thru Jacksons are very hard to find. I searched long and hard for a trans-black DK2T and finally found it at an awesome price on eBay. There are many DK2T's available. but the price is like close to $600. Contact the dealer sponsors. they give a better deal than many out there.

Charvelrocker, DK2 and DK2M falls under the professional series. They came with SD humbuckers. At least the 04's used to. The DKMG falls under the MG series and have a different body shape. I like the DK2's body shape. its just like a standard soloist shape. And IMO its a much better guitar than a DKMGT. I bought both in trans-black and the DKMGT is trans-black just for name-sake. its very dull looking when compared to the DKMGT.

the middle one in the pic below is a DKMGT. Dont know if you can see the difference in the trans-black, but I did not like it.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    +1
                    but the price is like close to $600.
                    "Is like"... Are you a teenage chick??? :ROTF:

Nice little flock of string-thrus though...

Comment

They are nice, I tried one at Mr Music in Boston, it's still there I guess.

I prefer floyds like a lot of people into Jacksons, but if you prefer a fixed bridge, the DK2T gives you the nice feeling Jackson neck, with nice pickups for a good price.

I don't know how many DK2Ts Jackson sells, but I would imagine quite a bit less than the DK2 or DK2M because there are so many fixed bridge alternatives from other companies out there.

Comment

Charvelrocker, DK2 and DK2M falls under the professional series. They came with SD humbuckers. At least the 04's used to. The DKMG falls under the MG series and have a different body shape. I like the DK2's body shape. its just like a standard soloist shape. And IMO its a much better guitar than a DKMGT. I bought both in trans-black and the DKMGT is trans-black just for name-sake. its very dull looking when compared to the DKMGT.
                        I thought he meant DKMGT when he said DK2MT, because he mentioned EMGs. And I also agree to the DK2 being a better shape then the DKMG series. I just love the feel and look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          "Is like"... Are you a teenage chick??? :ROTF:

Nice little flock of string-thrus though...
                          I dont know why I say that...
                          Sam

Comment

Still no luck... can't find it at americanmusical.com or at musiciansfriend... Since I live in Ecuador, those are the 2 only stores I've bought from... There's a Jackson distributor here (that might get one for me but not before December)... So I'm still wondering if they're discontinued.... I can only find the DKMGT, or the DK2M that have similar setups... I'd go for the DKMGT, but I don't think that those active EMGs will have a broad range of sounds like the SD... I want to play many types of music with that guitar (I play on a bar band) that's why I think the DK2T is the one that will suit my purposes and sound...

Comment

Check drum city guitarland, they mgiht ahve stocks and will do youa good deal, should ship to ecuador...

Heck any of the jackson dealers would probably ship to you as long as it didnt interfeer with fenders dealer policy.

check out the dealers sites from the jcf dealers section....

DK2T's are quite nice...

Comment

Working...
                              X