DK2 Dinky volume knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    I found a chrome "hole plug" at home depot that I used to plug the volume knob hole (fits perfectly). I agree, the volume knob placement really sucks for aggressive playing.

Exactly what I did with my WR1's and it made a world of difference. I prefer the metal plugs over the plastic, also. You can paint and get a nice finish to match your axe with the metal ones.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Would somebody mind posting a pic of that flamed WR1 in full, please?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Would somebody mind posting a pic of that flamed WR1 in full, please?

Here's a shot of the body taken before I modded the controls.

Comment

Hmm, flames colour looks different on the closeup. Is it supposed to have that effect (sorry if this is off-topic)?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Hmm, flames colour looks different on the closeup. Is it supposed to have that effect (sorry if this is off-topic)?
            Probably just a lighting issue. The closeup is more accurate as far as colors go, there is a bit of purple in the flames.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              I have a theory why Jacksons have this problem. Some might agree, some might not. Anyway...[snip]
              Sorry, I don't agree at all with your theory. I hit the damn volume knob regardless of what I do.

This is an effect of my finger posture (I curl my fingers up when playing) - I've tried to practice it away, but it just won't work. So for me, it doesn't matter if I'm playing lead, clean, or "agressive downpicking" - the knob is always there to mess me up (unless I threw it away already ).

Hmm...you're saying a Gibson is better than a Jackson for agressive downpicking...because of the mahogany and rounder shapes? Allow me to call on that!

Seriously though - I suppose it is nice to have easy access to the volume knob for volume swells - but you can do it easier and with way more control by using a volume pedal!

SUPPORT THE "HAMFIST" REBELLION!!! DEMAND THAT JACKSON MOVE THE VOLUME KNOB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                Hmm...you're saying a Gibson is better than a Jackson for agressive downpicking...because of the mahogany and rounder shapes? Allow me to call on that!
                Now that I re-read what I posted, I call it BS myself. What I meant to say was that "theoretically" Gibsons are better Rhythm-style guitars than Jacksons. And that their body shape/weight/wood is good for Rhythm playing. Jacksons with their brighter alder bodies, are good for soloing. However, with the plethora of amps,effects,pickups that are available, that is no longer the norm. :ROTF:
                Sam

Comment

Hamfist rebellion....lol rock on!

Comment

I WILL NOT DEMAND THAT!!!! I LIKE JACKSON'S VOLUME KNOB FINE WHERE IT IS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Then again, they could move it, it wouldn't matter either way to me.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

...a tad bit lower. There, I completed the sentence!
                      Sam

Comment

LOL Whatchoo talking 'bout, Willis? I fixed it. It had me triple posting without me finishing what I was writing! :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Comment

i like it just the way it is on my fusion. i constantly turn it up subconciously anyway :P
                            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Seriously though - I suppose it is nice to have easy access to the volume knob for volume swells - but you can do it easier and with way more control by using a volume pedal!

Damn, am I the only one who keeps the volume knob turned up at all times?? :ROTF:
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                                Damn, am I the only one who keeps the volume knob turned up at all times?? :ROTF:
                                I pretty much only use mine to mute the guitar between songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X