X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They will do it if you go full custom... Don't know the prices

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
      Anyone know if they will do H-S-H and a maple board for a not too usa cs style upcahrge?
      A maple board is a cheap semi-custom upgrade, with a ist price of 3,465 Yen (about 15 GBP). Street price should be about 20% cheaper, so you'll save yourself 3 quid.

The H-S-H configuration might be more tricky. As a semi-custom option they only do singles on soloists and then it's as H-S-S.

Probably the best thing is to ask a dealer for a quote on a full guitar, listing each difference from a standard model on its own. The lines seem to be blurred between semi-custom and full-custom. For example, they did a finish for Shadowcat that wasn't listed and Quantum Rider had woodworking change to the switch layout, as well as an unlisted finish. So, if in doubt, ask.

Comment

• I don't really know what is the difference in semi-custom and custom. Upgrade prices seem to be the same for both of them and the build time is the same too. It's both custom shop to me.

Comment

• Me too! I think because once there where two upgrade lists for semi- and full custom options. But I never cared for the lists.

My guitar had only two little upgrades done and the papers in the case say "KV-J1 Custom"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
            See my thread: "Jackson Stars KV-J1"
            Hey T.M.,

Don't you also have a USA KV2? I have a few questions for you about it and your KVJ1. We may as well record the answers here for the posterity, as this seems to be our "Jackson Stars" thread.

Is the neck profile on the KVJ1 the same as on the KV2? That is, is it the speed-neck? (EDIT: sorry, you answered this already as a postive).

Is the fretwire jumbo, as on all non-KV2 USA guitars, or medium-jumbo as on the KV2?

How is the mini-toggle placed in comparison to the three-way blade-switch on the KV2? And is its base silver, not black (sorry, I can't see for sure in your pictures)?

What's brand name is on the tuners?

Thanks!

Ken
            Last edited by ken; 08-06-2007, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Hey Ken!

As I placed the order for the KV-J1 I asked them to make sure that the neck is identical to my KV2s speed neck.
              They nailed it very well, the frets are jumbo.

The mini toggle...
              How can I discribe it... When you choose the "only neck pup-mode" on a KV2 you can imagine the position of the KV-J1s mini-toggle.
              Clicky > http://www.jacksonstars.com/kv07.html

I'm not sure about the tuners but they say "Jackson Stars" on the back.

Comment

I'm not sure about the tuners but they say "Jackson Stars" on the back.
                They are "Jackon Stars" branded Gotoh tuners.

Hope this helps!
                -QR
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• Hello folks

Just wondering if anyone here has played a ASL-J1 or a SL-J1?

Are they similar to the SL-3?

I'm very interested in the Jackson Stars models, and any advice would be appreciated

Rock on!

Comment

• Hey

I am probably going to buy one of these before the end of the year and was just wondering how long would it take for like pretty much a stock Jackson Stars to come in? Like lets say I go on Ishibashi I see they have the guitar I want and then I go and order how long would it take to ship?
                    Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
                    Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
                    Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
                    Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
                    Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

Comment

• In my case, it took them 4 days

Comment

• Hey Naz, did you order?

Comment

Hey Naz, did you order?
                          Yes, they are waiting for the money to arrive .

Comment

• Cool, what are the specs?

Comment

• RR-J2SP, 43mm nut, white binding, gold OFR, white pinstripes, MOP logo, 21-24 fret scallops, hardcase

Comment

• White bindings + scalloped frets? COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X