No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice =D, how much did it cost you nazgul?

Comment

• Originally posted by qwerdy View Post
      nice =D, how much did it cost you nazgul?
      I'm not sure if I can post prices here...let's just say that it would cost around the same as a new Jackson RR1. That is after the shipping and customs taxes ofcourse.

Comment

• sure you can :p

Why do you only scallope fret 21-24?

Comment

• Originally posted by eakinj View Post
          You know, I just checked this site http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall.html and I don't think I have seen any Jackson Stars warriors on there.

I don't know if anyone on here has one, I haven't seen any pictures of one that I can remember
          There is a black one for sale on this page:
          http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...ial%26hs%3Ds2S

Also, I think I am going to break down and buy the KS-J2E on Ikebe's site if they still ship to the US. I have sent both Ishibashi & Ikebe an email looking for a KS-J2 with Duncans and a Reverse Headstock. My main concern is that living in the US all warranty is void except for the delivery. Has anyone had any major problems with their guitars? Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.
          Last edited by JerEvil; 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
            RR-J2SP, 43mm nut, white binding, gold OFR, white pinstripes, MOP logo, 21-24 fret scallops, hardcase
            Sounds sweet Nazgul.

Let the wait begin.

You've probably seen the one on Ikebe-Gakki with similar specs, but without your finer touches:

Last edited by ken; 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• In anyone is interested there is a used RR-J2SP over on Ishibashi's used area http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

go there and put in Jackson in the keyword.

Not a bad price either, eve with shipping. If I had the cash on hand I'd probably order it. Keep in mind it's moto though, but still..
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                In anyone is interested there is a used RR-J2SP over on Ishibashi's used area http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

go there and put in Jackson in the keyword.

Not a bad price either, eve with shipping. If I had the cash on hand I'd probably order it. Keep in mind it's moto though, but still..
                Hell yeah that's a good price. Now it says for out of Japan buyers to go by the black price, not the red one which makes that $519 + shipping. Beats buying an RR24 here! With that said, have any of the Jackson Stars owners bought just a straight factory model and if so how does the RR24 compare. I know the RR24 has Moto inlays, no binding, etc. but I can get them for a REALLY good price, so I am wondering if the Jackson Stars play better or are better constructed. Again, I am talking no semi custom options on the Stars.
                Last edited by JerEvil; 08-07-2007, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                  Hell yeah that's a good price. Now it says for out of Japan buyers to go by the black price, not the red one which makes that $519 + shipping. Beats buying an RR24 here! With that said, have any of the Jackson Stars owners bought just a straight factory model and if so how does the RR24 compare. I know the RR24 has Moto inlays, no binding, etc. but I can get them for a REALLY good price, so I am wondering if the Jackson Stars play better or are better constructed. Again, I am talking no semi custom options on the Stars.
                  I've heard that they're basically the same. In fact I believe that they're made in the same factory, but don't take my word on that. Also RR24's do have binding it's just black not white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
                    I've heard that they're basically the same. In fact I believe that they're made in the same factory, but don't take my word on that. Also RR24's do have binding it's just black not white.
                    True on the black binding. I have a custom guitar builder in town that will change the black binding to white for $200

Comment

• qwerdy-
                      I never played on scalloped frets, this guitar that I ordered is really close to what Alexi had, and his guitar had 21-24 frets scalloped too. I'm looking forward to scallops!

ken-
                      kinda like that yeah, but mine will have pinstripes on bevels, not on front of the guitar

eakinj-
                      that rr-j2sp even has an old oversized jackson pickup!
                      IMO, it should be better than rr24, don't forget the 1 5/8" nut width though, some people may not be comfortable with that

Comment

I'm not sure if I can post prices here...let's just say that it would cost around the same as a new Jackson RR1. That is after the shipping and customs taxes ofcourse.
                        Did they accept your order? What is the delivery date?

Comment

kinda like that yeah, but mine will have pinstripes on bevels, not on front of the guitar
                          Sounds sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing the white binding.

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          that rr-j2sp even has an old oversized jackson pickup!
                          Was there an active old jackson-logoed pickup or would you guess they swapped out an active EMG for a passive?

Also Naz, your rr-2jsp has MoP inlays, not moto, right and it wasn't a semi-custom?

No sign of my guitar yet. I mailed last Friday and got a reply on Saturday saying they'd ask the factory on Monday and get back to me ASAP. As soon as possible is at least two days!

Any word on your RR eakinj?

Comment

• Just heard back from Ikebe ... no sales to the US!!! I am assuming I will hear the same from Ishibashi.

Comment

• Just in case anyone is interested, apparently my guitar has suffered further delays. The current word is that it will be finished in August. Maybe mine is a little too custom.

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                              Just heard back from Ikebe ... no sales to the US!!! I am assuming I will hear the same from Ishibashi.
                              Ishibashi will ship worldwide, as will http://www.guitarjapan.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
                                it will be finished in August.
                                Gawd, it's benn over 5 months now hm? But it's worth the wait man!

Comment

Working...
                                X