Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S.O.A.F View Post
    Shape is Kelly.Mahogany body with Maple neck/Ebony Fingerboard.and reversed Head/one Humbecker/reversed shark/String thru bridge, color is BK/BV red.other is just as J1 :p
    A black Kelly with red bevels sounds sweet! I also like the one Hum idea.

It'll be like a KE1T. Except with a revered headstock. And reversed Sharkfins. And made of Mahogany. Okay, maybe it's not at all like a KE1T.

As Naz said, they seemed to take a week up to a week turn around e-mail for me. Forget the money, you need patience to buy a custom guitar!

Comment

• just got my guitar today! Absolutely amazing, now that I got my new strings on and made some intonation adjustments. Pics will be up later!

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shTheDude View Post
        just got my guitar today! Absolutely amazing, now that I got my new strings on and made some intonation adjustments. Pics will be up later!
        Cool buddy!
        WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
          Cool buddy!
          WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX! WE WANT PIX!
          and you shall have pics!

Comment

• There's something about the Jackson stars that just makes me want to buy all of them.

I sent ishibashi an email asking for a price quote on this;

Shape: Kelly
            Body: Alder
            Neck: Maple
            Construction type: Neck through
            Fretboard: Ebony
            Frets: jumbo
            Fretboard inlays: M.O.P shark tooth
            Neck binding: Yes
            Bridge: Kahler 3300
            Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB-4 (bridge only)
            Controls: volume only
            Colour: Black

Including hardcase and shipping to London U.K

I think it may be a bit brief though.

Oh well, I'll find out soon. I remember reading that someone said it takes them about 2 weeks to reply... damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
              I sent ishibashi an email asking for a price quote on this...
              Looks good Dave.

If there's any confusion, you could tell them you want a KE-J1 in black with three semi-custom options: the different bridge, single pickup and single control.

You should expect them to be confused by "M.O.P." as they call "Mother of Pearl" just "Pearl". Unless you actually want mop inlays?

I was talking to Ishi last Friday and asked for a quote on another guitar. They said they'd drop me a mail this Friday, so don't fret about your email until a couple of weeks have passed.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                There's something about the Jackson stars that just makes me want to buy all of them.

I sent ishibashi an email asking for a price quote on this;

Shape: Kelly
                Body: Alder
                Neck: Maple
                Construction type: Neck through
                Fretboard: Ebony
                Frets: jumbo
                Fretboard inlays: M.O.P shark tooth
                Neck binding: Yes
                Bridge: Kahler 3300
                Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB-4 (bridge only)
                Controls: volume only
                Colour: Black

Including hardcase and shipping to London U.K

I think it may be a bit brief though.

Oh well, I'll find out soon. I remember reading that someone said it takes them about 2 weeks to reply... damn.
                Marty-fan? Sounds cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                  Marty-fan? Sounds cool!

This one wasn't for me it was for my brother, but depending on the price, I may end up with one once I get round to ordering the KV2 and get a steady job.

These jackson stars just seem to kick so much ass what with the prices and everything (well I hope anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
                    A black Kelly with red bevels sounds sweet! I also like the one Hum idea.

It'll be like a KE1T. Except with a revered headstock. And reversed Sharkfins. And made of Mahogany. Okay, maybe it's not at all like a KE1T.

As Naz said, they seemed to take a week up to a week turn around e-mail for me. Forget the money, you need patience to buy a custom guitar!
                    ya, you're right.I need more patient for my custom order
                    State of Emergency
                    http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
                    Personal Myspace
                    http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

• Originally posted by S.O.A.F View Post
                      ya, you're right.I need more patient for my custom order
                      I need to be more patient too. As of this morning, my guitar is in the Tokyo Metropolis undergoing "Dispatch from outward office of exchange". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds promising.

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
                        I need to be more patient too. As of this morning, my guitar is in the Tokyo Metropolis undergoing "Dispatch from outward office of exchange". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds promising.
                        Don't trust on the trace-site!

Comment

• I realize the scan is from the 89 Japan only catalog but I just e-mail about the Fire Bird. When I asked them before they asked if I had seen it in a catalog, now I have hopefully someone over there made one of these. I'm guessing probably not, but I still sent the specs for it and hopefully I'll be surprised.

I can not even imagine what they'll charge for that if they can do it. I see the price on there is pretty high but I'm pretty sure that was a made in the US shipped to Japan.
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• So Ishibashi finally got my CS RR on tuesday, they told me that they will check it in next few days and if everything is OK, they will send it to me.

Yesterday I get an email, telling me that there's a little hairline crack in the finish on the headstock and that they can send it back for a fix if I want and that this could take few more weeks. I also got some pics of the guitar:

(these strange figures around the D headstock tuner are just a reflection - I asked to confirm!)

Looks great, huh?

Unfortunately they fucked up the pinstripes...I didn't want the middle stripes and the pinstripes should have been on the bevels, not on the body.

So this week it most likely goes back to a factory for a refin and the wait continues...

Comment

• Damn that's a bummer...
                              I just read the thread in the USA section about the archtop Death Angel where they fucked up the finish specs (amongst other things)... now I see it can happen to JacksonStars customs, too.

Hope you get it soon and with correct specs!

BTW it does look awesome, too bad about the fucked up order...
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• so where was this hairline crack on the headstock?

bummer that they screwed up the pinstripes - i didn't think they looked quite right

on the plus side they do have great communication and its good that they consulted with you and all...

Comment

Working...
                                X