No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already sent two pictures of it. One, a bit better, yesterday. They probably know what the non-recessed bridge is. I'm afraid that they probably don't know how to make it or have little experience...non-recessed bridge requires some neck-angle.
    I think that would be a full custom job. They would have to reprogram the CNC machine to do the neck angle. The setup for that is at least 10 years old and probably doesn't even work on their current software for the CNCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      I think that would be a full custom job. They would have to reprogram the CNC machine to do the neck angle. The setup for that is at least 10 years old and probably doesn't even work on their current software for the CNCs.
      Full custom indeed. I was told that by the dealer too, he then contacted the factory and gave me this answer:
      According to Jackson Stars,the non-recessed bridge is not acceptable for
      custom-order in terms of accuracy and quality for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        I was under the impression that Grover Jacksons were made in the same factory as the old Pros.
        Me too. They probably are.

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
        I heard that, too...

And if some parts of an J-Stars are made in the US... Is there an "Jackson-Stars made in usa-Logo" on it?
        I think so.
        They have a couple Mike Shannon built Jackson Stars guitars here:

They have a Made in U.S.A. Custom Shop logo on them. And incredible price .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          Me too. They probably are.

I think so.
          They have a couple Mike Shannon built Jackson Stars guitars here:

They have a Made in U.S.A. Custom Shop logo on them. And incredible price .

HOLY SHIT!

Hm, maybe Mike is building my fiddle right now would be nice

Comment

Nazgul, have you ever tried a non-recessed Floyd? I feel it much more difficult to play compared to recessed.. you need to move your hand more, and it slows you down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko View Post
              Nazgul, have you ever tried a non-recessed Floyd? I feel it much more difficult to play compared to recessed.. you need to move your hand more, and it slows you down a bit.
              Yes, I have tried a Charvel Model 6 the other day. It had a non-recessed Jackson JT6 tremolo. I liked it a lot. I usually rest my hand on the bridge (lightly, so it doesn't go out of tune ofcourse!) and the higher position of the bridge suits me better . What do you mean you have to move your hand more?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                I own a RR-J2SP . But I will order a semi-custom because I prefer 1 11/16" nut width.

eakinj, where did you order your custom? Ishibashi? If so, what sales agent did you talk to?
                Yeah it was though Ishibashi, it was uh... start with a K, I can't remember. I'll look it up when I get home. I also got the 11/16 nut

on second thought, maybe it was Mai.
                Last edited by eakinj; 06-27-2007, 09:59 AM.
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

daisuke rocks

Comment

non recessed trem....

Comment

after thinking about it ( I sold mine so I can't check) doesn't the RR5 have a tilted neck because of the bridge? so they should at least have the neck tilt still setup.

Comment

Hey thanks for the pic Alex! That is your custom IIRC, right? Did you order it? With Daisuke? How much did the non-recesed bridge change the price? Did your neck have a tilt (angle)? Were you able to get a low action on the guitar (1.2-1.3mm at 12th fret)?

Comment

Yey, non-recessed!
                          Haha, a ton of stones are fallin' from Nazgul's shoulders

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

I ordered an RRJ1EK semi-custom back in March that should be coming next month. Only things I changed were the body (mahogany instead of ash), and the neck pickup (EMG 85 instead of 81).

I think I might add straplocks later, and I'm thinking of doing an 18v upgrade for the EMGs. And if I get the money together, I might get steel rollers and a steel cam for the Kahler. I'm definitely going to get the heavy springs though, I heard that the normal springs only support 10-46 gauge, I play with 10-52.

And just incase anybody gets curious, the guy I talked with at Ishibashi was Daisuke.

Comment

I have a Kelly due in mid-July. I ordered it in February and it was due in June, but it has been delayed a little. Of course I'm going on vacation in mid-July. Doh!

Hopefully I'll have pictures in a couple of weeks, so I won't ruin the surprise by disclosing the specs just yet.

I also ordered through Ishibashi, but I'm dealing with Hiroaki. He's been great.

I wouldn't fret about the delays in responding to e-mail Uros. I think it does take time for them to bounce questions off the factory. Every request for something new took about a week for me. Where's the rush?!
                                Last edited by ken; 06-28-2007, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X