No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just anxious a little bit. I got the price quote today...with the LIST prices!

I was thinking dealer could get around 20% or so off the list price! I remember that Kurtma (a member here) got better price on some of the upgrades sometime ago.

Still nothing about the non-recessed bridge.

Comment

Can anybody help me?

I'm planning another Jackson Stars and need to know if they do:

- body bindings
      - quilted maple
      - golden Kahlers

Sounds cool, hm?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        I'm just anxious a little bit. I got the price quote today...with the LIST prices!

I was thinking dealer could get around 20% or so off the list price! I remember that Kurtma (a member here) got better price on some of the upgrades sometime ago.

List prices? indeed. I can see why that'd make you anxious.

You've seen what I paid, which looked approx. 20% off list IIRC; certainly the base price was. You may not want to worry about it until you get the final quote. Some of the earlier quotes I got were bigger. I think the earliest ones hadn't been run past the factory or something,

Comment

The first quote I got was also list price.
          The final quote was - 20%

Comment

Yeah, I told Daisuke that these are list prices...and if I take the 20% of...

Hopefully, I'll be able to get non-recessed bridge for not too much (the quote was with a recessed OFR). I told him about that Kelly with non-recessed floyd and sent him a pic of it (I hope Alexi doesn't mind).

Mitch, you better contact Ishibashi about this...non-recessed FR and white pinstripes are not on the list too, yet it seem like they will do it. I really doubt they will do the cracked mirror top though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
              Can anybody help me?

I'm planning another Jackson Stars and need to know if they do:

- body bindings
              - quilted maple
              - golden Kahlers

Sounds cool, hm?
              They definitely do a qullt veneer as a semi-custom option. Not sure about the other two as semi-custom, but I'm sure they'd do them as custom.

Looks like we're in for a rash of Jackson Stars over the summer. Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                I have a Kelly due in mid-July. I ordered it in February and it was due in June, but it has been delayed a little. Of course I'm going on vacation in mid-July. Doh!

Hopefully I'll have pictures in a couple of weeks, so I won't ruin the surprise by disclosing the specs just yet.

I also ordered through Ishibashi, but I'm dealing with Hiroaki. He's been great.

I wouldn't fret about the delays in responding to e-mail Uros. I think it does take time for them to bounce questions off the factory. Every request for something new took about a week for me. Where's the rush?!
                so you got it coming in! congratz! I'm still saving up to get mine (life's a real genuine biatch atm )... someday though...

Comment

Which one do you want Svart?

Comment

I own a RRJ1B semi custom (mahogany body, trans green finish with matching headstock), which I ordered last year from Ishibashi.
                    They told me 3-4 months, it took EXACTLY 3 months to be build, 1 day to be shipped to Ishibashi and 4 days to be shipped to me. Flawless.
                    And got around 20% off from the list price, too.

BTW, I dealt with Noriko Sada last year, but nobody else here AFAIK.
                    I wonder if Noriko doesn't work there anymore? Or maybe not in the international team?

Here's a pic of me with the Rhoads, definitely the greatest guitar I own and a dream coming true:
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      I own a RRJ1B semi custom (mahogany body, trans green finish with matching headstock), which I ordered last year from Ishibashi.
                      They told me 3-4 months, it took EXACTLY 3 months to be build, 1 day to be shipped to Ishibashi and 4 days to be shipped to me. Flawless.
                      And got around 20% off from the list price, too.

BTW, I dealt with Noriko Sada last year, but nobody else here AFAIK.
                      I wonder if Noriko doesn't work there anymore? Or maybe not in the international team?

Here's a pic of me with the Rhoads, definitely the greatest guitar I own and a dream coming true:

Sweet, yeah I think it was your Rhoads that lit the fire under my ass to buy one. The more I see the pics of your the more I'm considering just ordering my Rhoads I absolutely can't wait now, sooooooooooooooon

I also need to take picks of my RR3R to send Budman(?) at Frets on the Net, i have some body mods from him installed. The same ones I want to put onto the Stars Rhoads when it gets here
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Which one do you want Svart?
                        Svart wants a Kelly like the one I ordered; he's seen the specs/quote. Let's hope the guitar's worth wanting.

Originally posted by Svart View Post
                        so you got it coming in! congratz!
                        Thanks. I'm sure I'll have nightmares in the next two weeks that they've made me a banjo by accident. :ROTF:

Originally posted by Svart View Post
                        I'm still saving up to get mine (life's a real genuine biatch atm )... someday though...
                        Don't worry Svart, you'll get one soon enough. I played a beat-up strat replica for fifteen years. Its board was painted brown, because rosewood was too expensive. I have no idea what the real wood was!

Comment

still having doubts between two (got time enough left to think it over ere I get the dough needed). It would be either a transparant blue quilt top sevenstring or an eerie dess swirl finish

for the moment my Jackson ke-7 is my one and only axe, but could do worse

Comment

I'm also ordering a Jackson Stars custom. It's a single-hum RR with Floyd trem and see-thru red finish (with flame maple top). I just made the payment this morning, so it will take few months before I get this baby in my hands
                            2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
                            2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
                            1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
                            1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Hey hksb_alex...I have some questions about your Kelly...did the neck on it have the tilt? Were you able to get a low action on the guitar (~1.2mm on the 12th fret)? Were there any problems with the non-recessed floyd rose or the neck (not being made good or anything)?

Comment

I just got an email from Hiroaki, he's contacting Jackson on Monday to find out the date my guitar should be finished and shipped. Since Sunday is the first and it'll be officially July by then, it should be really soon. I might just have to pick up a DK2T in the mean time to hold me over.
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X