No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping in a little late, but I have a semi-custom (natural finish, 1 Vol, no Tone, 5-way switch) Jackson Stars SL-J1 that I ordered at the end of last January and got in the middle of May (3 1/2 month build time).

It looks, plays and sounds great

I dealt with Mr. Saito at Ikebe, and I ended up only paying the upcharge for the finish. He threw in the control layout changes for free.

Last edited by QuantumRider; 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Damn! Nice top man! Love it!

Comment

I got an e-mail from Ishi just yesterday.
        DID YOU KMOW??? MAI was a chick?
        They told me she's no longer at the store and my guitar will arrive a little later...

Comment

Interesting...and why the delay?

I was told that a custom shop Jackson Stars takes 4-5 months to be made. Are they getting busy?

Comment

Yeah, I'm kinda sad, she was nice and friendly and she knows some german, too!

I don't know...
            They said "within 4 months". That was mid/end February. So I expected it last week.
            Now, it's due sometime this month.

Comment

I ordered at the end of February also and was told that it would take three to four months, with a due date of mid June. A couple of weeks ago I was told it would be mid-July. Clearly the 3-4 months is only an estimate, so I'm not worried about it taking a little longer.

The delay has probably been caused by the massive, unexpected increase in orders... ....from eakinj.

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
              MAI was a chick?
              "was"? What is she now?!

Comment

Well, that's canibalism between the USA custom shop and Jackson Stars.
                Should be a sign for Jackson USA to drop the prices.

And yeah, she's still a chick Maybe hot? Who knows

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  I ordered at the end of February also and was told that it would take three to four months, with a due date of mid June. A couple of weeks ago I was told it would be mid-July. Clearly the 3-4 months is only an estimate, so I'm not worried about it taking a little longer.

The delay has probably been caused by the massive, unexpected increase in orders... ....from eakinj.

"was"? What is she now?!
                  Believe me should my work situation change (which is possible in the next couple weeks) they will be seeing a big increase in orders from me

That is provided the guitar I already ordered is as good as I believe it'll be.

SOOOOOoooOOoo many guitars, Soooooooo many more zeros needed at the end of my weekly salary
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Hi, if there is a Michael here who ordered a Jackson Star - your order is a bit delayed but will be shipped some time in July.

I just received word that my Jackson Star is a bit delayed, but they also emailed me for someone else it looks like. They might have just accidentally called me a completely different name, who knows. Jerry sounds nothing like Michael though

Cool, at least I know for a fact it'll be out this month
                    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Curious. Why is the upper front horn bigger of the WR Stars than the WRMG/XT/WR1?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It's interesting that both John Campbell and Mark Morton from Lamb of God are featured on the Jackson Stars site, yet I don't see any signature bass or guitar models from them. It does seem that the pic of John's bass says Stars on the headstock, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you order these?

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                            Hi, if there is a Michael here who ordered a Jackson Star - your order is a bit delayed but will be shipped some time in July.

I just received word that my Jackson Star is a bit delayed, but they also emailed me for someone else it looks like. They might have just accidentally called me a completely different name, who knows. Jerry sounds nothing like Michael though

Cool, at least I know for a fact it'll be out this month
                            That's me A few weeks more doesn't matter. At least I'm getting a cool guitar.

What guitar did you order?

Comment

Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
                              At the risk of sounding stupid, how do you order these?
                              Sounds like everyone in this thread has ordered them through Ishibashi:

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

People have also bought them from Ikebe Gakki:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com

If you use the search function (or google with site:jcfonline) and the terms 'jacksonstars' and 'jackson stars', you'll find loads of old threads with all the info. you could want.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                It's interesting that both John Campbell and Mark Morton from Lamb of God are featured on the Jackson Stars site, yet I don't see any signature bass or guitar models from them. It does seem that the pic of John's bass says Stars on the headstock, though.
                                Good spot on John's bass, eagle-eyed Toejam.

I noticed the LoG pictures too, but I've never seen an MM1 on a Japanese site. I didn't think to ask anyone at Ishibashi, as for some reason the Sig. models seem to be more expensive as Jackson Stars.

Incidentally, I've never seen an MM1 on a European site either. Probably just the importers' fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X