Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken View Post
    Sounds like everyone in this thread has ordered them through Ishibashi:

Founded in 1938, Ishibashi Music Corporation is one of the busiest and most respected Musical Instrument retail chains in Japan. The company is highly regarded world wide as a reliable seller of top quality secondhand items too. We have over 17 stores around Japan including Tokyo, Yokohama, Chiba, Saitama, Nagoya, Osak

People have also bought them from Ikebe Gakki:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com

If you use the search function (or google with site:jcfonline) and the terms 'jacksonstars' and 'jackson stars', you'll find loads of old threads with all the info. you could want.

Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for the info and welcome.

Comment

Good spot on John's bass, eagle-eyed Toejam.

I noticed the LoG pictures too, but I've never seen an MM1 on a Japanese site. I didn't think to ask anyone at Ishibashi, as for some reason the Sig. models seem to be more expensive as Jackson Stars.

Incidentally, I've never seen an MM1 on a European site either. Probably just the importers' fault.
      Yeah, most likely the fault of the importers. Though, it would be cool if they could do a 24-fret Custom MM1! I love my MM1 and its 22 frets, but it would be nice to have the option for a custom without paying the outrageous price of the USA Custom Shop.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is funny, since he (she?) sent me an email with the wrong name (someone named Michael) I emailed back to make sure they sent that to the correct person, I love this response

"Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your e-mail. This is Hiroaki from Ishibashi WEB SHOP.

Please ignore the one of my e-mail.
        I made a mistake on the name in this e-mail...
        I am sorry such inconvenience.

Anyway we will ship you as soon as your guitar arrives.

If you have question, please feel free to ask me.
        Thank you very much!

Best regards,
        Hiroaki Gohno/International Sales Agent"

Oh good, I've been wanting to Travel, I wonder where they will ship me when my guitar arrives
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I am leaning toward a Stars also. As much as I love my custom USA Soloist, I am very turned off by the huge price increases. So, I am going to look into a custom Stars short scale/ 1 Hum something. Either a Soloist, Dinky, Warrior or a Star if they do the Star body? Great info on these. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Yeah, most likely the fault of the importers. Though, it would be cool if they could do a 24-fret Custom MM1! I love my MM1 and its 22 frets, but it would be nice to have the option for a custom without paying the outrageous price of the USA Custom Shop.
            I see where you're coming from. And the Yen is at an all time low against the Euro. It would be MAD not order a guitar.

In principle my guitar is due mid-July. Once it's done and dusted, I'll inquire about a 24 fret MM1 and will report back on what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              I am leaning toward a Stars also. As much as I love my custom USA Soloist, I am very turned off by the huge price increases. So, I am going to look into a custom Stars short scale/ 1 Hum something. Either a Soloist, Dinky, Warrior or a Star if they do the Star body? Great info on these. Thanks-Jack.
              I've seen Jackson Stars Kelly-Stars recently, but I haven't ever seen a Jackson Stars Star.

The Ishbashi guys are friendly. Certainly no harm in asking them about it. They appear to pass the questions on to "the factory", so just be prepared for the one week lag in e-mail exchanges!

Hopefully next month we'll be able fill in the Jackson Stars line on Hippietim's custom guitar manufacturers web-page.
              Last edited by ken; 07-07-2007, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ken I will have to contact one of the 2 Japan dealers and ask away Jack.

Comment

I have an older Jackson Stars RR model RR-1100J. I bought it from Ishibashi, and the service was pretty good. That was my second guitar bought from them and I will consider buying from them in future.

This neck-thru model has Jackson stars branded pickups, rosewood fingerboard with MOP inlays and Schaller bridge. It was a bit cheaper than current models, but I guess they have sold out all the guitars.

I should have bought hard case as shipment protection. Although the guitar was packed extremely well, a small piece was chipped off from upper wing. Not that it affects playability, but still it's annoying

Comment

Welcome to the forum Atha. Good first post!

That's a sweet RR you have. Just one thing, are you sure the inlays are MOP, not MOTO?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Atha. Good first post!
                      That's a sweet RR you have. Just one thing, are you sure the inlays are MOP, not MOTO?
                      Thanks.

Inlays look like in the picture below, not sure about the material. Anyway, as long as it plays well (and it does), inlays and other minor things don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by atha View Post
                        Inlays look like in the picture below, not sure about the material. Anyway, as long as it plays well (and it does), inlays and other minor things don't matter.
                        I'd guess they're MOTO, not MoP, but you're totally right about it not mattering to the playability. Either way, it's a sweet guitar.

Comment

Any news on your guitars eakinj and Mitch?

I got a definite answer that I can't get a non-recessed trem on my RR. They stopped doing them some time ago .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                            Any news on your guitars eakinj and Mitch?

I got a definite answer that I can't get a non-recessed trem on my RR. They stopped doing them some time ago .

Oh, I'm sorry to read this... And Now? Would you go for a recessed Floyd RR?

Hm, here at work I can't check my E-mail account for Ishy-news

Comment

BTW how about a Jackson Stars sticky?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                                Would you go for a recessed Floyd RR?
                                Not sure yet. I'd hate to pay that much for a guitar that is so close to my dream guitar, and then only this "ruins" it. I'd rather not have pinstripes or something else and have a non-recessed trem.

Stickying this would be cool..so we don't get 1xxxxx threads about Jackson Stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X