Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Alright, those who have a US custom shop can go ahead and pass this thread by, you guys have real wait periods for your guitars.

Ok, now that they're gone. My Jackson Stars semi custom Rhoads should be here in a couple weeks. I am so anxious for my new toy I almost bought a DK2 in black today. In fact I'm still going to buy the DK2, like crack to an addict.

Anyway to the point..

I've seen a couple people mention they have Jackson Stars on order (a couple who will be in July like mine) so I was curious as to what everyone is getting, or planning on getting.

I have on order a Jackson Stars Rhoads RR-J2BE, witht he Ebony upgrade, MOP upgrade and reverse sharks. It's pretty much the RR1T I've wanted for a long time. Snow white with out the black bevels. I wanted a straight white rhoads.

Mods I'll do myself - I'm going to order a replacement pick guard from Frets on the Net because I hate the late out of the controls. After that it's my dream guitar realized.

My next guitars

Custom Kelly with one PUP and string through. This one I'm going to have custom painted by Daneen who painted my soloist.

And a Custom King V with one humbucker, OFR, snow white no bevels, reverse headstock. la la la... yeah like crack to an addict.

And probably one more RR-J2BE for good measure, but will see, there's a PC1 in RedRum with my name on it.

so what are you guys getting?

Oh yeah and if anyone has Jackson Stars pics they wanna share, by all means
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Cool!

I have a KV-J1 on order and the delivery date will be something around July 10th.

It's also an semi custom because of an other nut-width and I chose the matching head.

I never had an Jackson Stars and if this axe shows some good quality I will order some more > I got big plans

Comment

I own a RR-J2SP . But I will order a semi-custom because I prefer 1 11/16" nut width.

eakinj, where did you order your custom? Ishibashi? If so, what sales agent did you talk to?

Comment

Any news about your trem?

Comment

Nope. Daisuke probably hasn't read the email yet . Or maybe he is waiting for the answer from the factory and will let me know then .
          It took exactly one week the last time when he got the answer from the factory and emailed it to me .

How quick did you get the price quotes and stuff?
          Last edited by Nazgul; 06-27-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I always got answers the day after...
            But I try to e-mail them early in the morning (central european time).
            I think they are + 8 hours from us.

Mai always requested things via phone from the factory.

Comment

I know they are +8 hours. I also send the emails around 8-10am (CET). I'm gonna send another email right now, to tell I'm kinda dissapointed with the slow communication .

Comment

Try to send them a picture of an none recessed Floyd.
                Maybe that solves translation problems.

Comment

I've already sent two pictures of it. One, a bit better, yesterday. They probably know what the non-recessed bridge is. I'm afraid that they probably don't know how to make it or have little experience...non-recessed bridge requires some neck-angle.

Comment

Hm ok...

Sounds like you have to live with an standart recessed trem

Comment

Oh,

does anybody know if Jackson Stars can do cracked mirror tops?
                      I really want one bad!

Comment

Jackson Stars guitars are way better built by Jackson Prof MIJ series.

I used to own to J.S., one KV and one Kelly Custom. Loved them. My only Jackson now is a Marty Friedman Sig Kelly...USA built but under the Japanese brand Grover Jackson

Comment

I was under the impression that Grover Jacksons were made in the same factory as the old Pros.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Some Jackson Stars and Grover Jacksons were made in the US and finished in Japan, and some were built in Japan and finished in the US.

If I ever get my CC paid off (crack to an addict ) I'm going to see about ordering a J-Stars, but I wonder with being in Japan can they do the shapes and such that the USA can't?

A Schenker KV2T (but with a Floyd ) or Y2KV (Floyded) would rock.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Some Jackson Stars and Grover Jacksons were made in the US and finished in Japan, and some were built in Japan and finished in the US.

If I ever get my CC paid off (crack to an addict ) I'm going to see about ordering a J-Stars, but I wonder with being in Japan can they do the shapes and such that the USA can't?

A Schenker KV2T (but with a Floyd ) or Y2KV (Floyded) would rock.
                              I heard that, too...

And if some parts of an J-Stars are made in the US... Is there an "Jackson-Stars made in usa-Logo" on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X