No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive wait? A couple extra weeks are nothing. there's folks on here who had to was close to two years for theri custom shop orders. A couple weeks isn't anything. One person so far had to wait a month, not a big issue for me if it's another month. I'm getting basically my custom shop for the price of a used US model.

These are basically pro series, they are made in the same shop by the same exact people. The only difference is the word Stars on the headstock. other then that I have seen no difference really. Shadowcat has one he's the one to ask though.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      Did you guys get any updates while the guitar was being built? Or maybe even pics?
      When they were building my guitar, they sent me pics of three flamed maple tops that I could choose from.

Then they sent me a pic of the guitar when the body was finished, without the bridge and PU's.

I think that if you ask whoever you deal with at the shop to send you updates during the build process, they will.

I hope that you guys get your guitars soon!
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        You know, I just checked this site http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall.html and I don't think I have seen any Jackson Stars warriors on there.

I don't know if anyone on here has one, I haven't seen any pictures of one that I can remember
        I don't know of anyone here who owns a Jackson Stars Warrior. I think Newc had a quote for one, but didn't follow through on it.

They do make them, but the top of the line is a J2, not a J1. I was tempted by a semi-custom specced J1 version of this J2, but there are too many guitars and not enough time to play:

Are you thinking of ordering one wilkinsi?

+1 on eakinj's comment re: "Excessive wait?". One or two months delay is well down in the noise for a custom built guitar, no matter who is making it.
        Last edited by ken; 07-30-2007, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          When they were building my guitar, they sent me pics of three flamed maple tops that I could choose from.

Then they sent me a pic of the guitar when the body was finished, without the bridge and PU's.

I think that if you ask whoever you deal with at the shop to send you updates during the build process, they will.

I hope that you guys get your guitars soon!
          That's interesting QR. It's probably too late to make any difference to us, but it will be handy to know for next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
            It's probably too late to make any difference to us, but it will be handy to know for next time around.
            What about to me?

I remember these pics QR, I think you showed them in one thread . However, we're dealing with totally different sales agents...maybe they aren't as nice . That's why I asked.

Comment

• I'm curios as to about how much it would cost for a semi custom KV-J2. I really want a KV that's black with purple bevels, and I was wondering how I could get the price on something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
                I'm curios as to about how much it would cost for a semi custom KV-J2. I really want a KV that's black with purple bevels, and I was wondering how I could get the price on something like that.
                You could start by emailing Ishibashi: [email protected]

Comment

What about to me?
                  It sounds like it'll work for you, but by "us", I really meant me!

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                  I remember these pics QR, I think you showed them in one thread . However, we're dealing with totally different sales agents...maybe they aren't as nice . That's why I asked.
                  I didn't find that old thread by QR with the choice of three flame-tops. That's really cool of Jackson Stars. Shame they didn't ask any of us!

Ah well, at least whatever arrives will be a surprise!

Comment

• The quality of my Jackson Stars Rhoads is on par with my Soloist Archtop Pro from the old Professional Series.
                    I also recently had the chance to compare it to an old USA Rhoads (RR43xx something) which belonged to a guitarist of another band at a gig.
                    To me there was no difference in quality... both flawlessly built, well setup and a joy to play and look at. FWIW, the USA Rhoads had slightly different neck profile, a little flatter than the Stars.

So currently I see no reason at all to choose a USA over a Stars. In fact, the Stars offer features I cannot get on a USA Select guitar.

Congrats to you, TheMitch, hope it arrives soon and safe!
                    Mine took 4 days to deliver.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I bought my Soloist from Ikebe, but I've bought guitars from Ishibashi before, and they've always given me excellent service and good deals.

It can't hurt to ask whether they will send you photos of the build process when you place your order. The worst thing that could happen is that they would say "No"
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                        The quality of my Jackson Stars Rhoads is on par with my Soloist Archtop Pro from the old Professional Series.
                        I also recently had the chance to compare it to an old USA Rhoads (RR43xx something) which belonged to a guitarist of another band at a gig.
                        To me there was no difference in quality... both flawlessly built, well setup and a joy to play and look at. FWIW, the USA Rhoads had slightly different neck profile, a little flatter than the Stars.

So currently I see no reason at all to choose a USA over a Stars. In fact, the Stars offer features I cannot get on a USA Select guitar.

Congrats to you, TheMitch, hope it arrives soon and safe!
                        Mine took 4 days to deliver.
                        Thanx!

Well, the only things I would prefer a Stars over a USA Select are the semi custom otions and the 9 months minimum wait for a USA Jackson.

The thing is, if you choose a top of the line Stars + all import customs/taxes it's almost the same price as a Select standart finished (at least here in Germany)
                        Last edited by The Mitch; 07-31-2007, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Hey check out this one....It is a Grover Jackson and it is already hear (no shipping) !

Comment

• Cool! But $1099? Sheesh!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                              Thanx!

Well, the only things I would prefer a Stars over a USA Select are the semi custom otions and the 9 months minimum wait for a USA Jackson.

The thing is, if you choose a top of the line Stars + all import customs/taxes it's almost the same price as a Select standart finished (at least here in Germany)
                              I disagree... my Rhoads is basically a RR1T but with 24 frets and mahogany body.

I was quoted around 2500 € for a RR1T (might be lower at a different store, but still) compared to that I saved around 1000 € and got my 24 frets and mahogany body on top.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Ok,when I calculate my guitar + customs/taxes I'm only about 250€ away to another KV2.
                                It depents on which model you order.

Comment

Working...
                                X