Jackson Stars owners and soon to be owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
    Gawd, it's benn over 5 months now hm? But it's worth the wait man!
    Thanks for the moral support. I'm not too concerned about it, just thought I'd share the experience.

It's been five months and a few days since the money left my credit card. I'm hoping to break the six month barrier. Maybe they've been a overzealous in their adoption of US CS shop practices and I'll be first one to wait two years to get the wrong guitar?

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
      Thanks for the moral support. I'm not too concerned about it, just thought I'd share the experience.

It's been five months and a few days since the money left my credit card. I'm hoping to break the six month barrier. Maybe they've been a overzealous in their adoption of US CS shop practices and I'll be first one to wait two years to get the wrong guitar?
      :ROTF:

Nah, I bet you will play her in 2-3 weeks

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested, apparently my guitar has suffered further delays. The current word is that it will be finished in August. Maybe mine is a little too custom.

Ishibashi will ship worldwide, as will http://www.guitarjapan.com.
        That sucks about the delays on your guitar. Thanks for the info on guitar japan though. I still have not heard back from ishibashi.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
          That sucks about the delays on your guitar.
          Thanks, but I'm really not concerned about the delays. I think reading all the US CS stories had me well prepared for this!

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
          Thanks for the info on guitar japan though. I still have not heard back from ishibashi.
          Ishibashi were slow to reply to me initially and it can still take a few days on occasion to get a reply. I think they took about two weeks the first time. I got the mail just before I gave up on them.

Whoever gets your mail first becomes the person you deal with from there on. Maybe your first mail got lost, but I think it more likely that they're waiting for "the factory" (as they call it) to come back with a quote on the guitar you enquired about.

I haven't tried guitarjapan, so be sure to let us know how you get on. All part of the communal memory.

Comment

Thanks, but I'm really not concerned about the delays. I think reading all the US CS stories had me well prepared for this!

Ishibashi were slow to reply to me initially and it can still take a few days on occasion to get a reply. I think they took about two weeks the first time. I got the mail just before I gave up on them.

Whoever gets your mail first becomes the person you deal with from there on. Maybe your first mail got lost, but I think it more likely that they're waiting for "the factory" (as they call it) to come back with a quote on the guitar you enquired about.

I haven't tried guitarjapan, so be sure to let us know how you get on. All part of the communal memory.
            Will do. Thanks again.

Comment

Also Naz, your rr-2jsp has MoP inlays, not moto, right and it wasn't a semi-custom?
              Yes, AFAIK, RR-J2SP is the only one from J2 series with MOP inlays and jet black ebony board. They should make it J1. But then again, all J1 have MOP logo, and mine doesnt. Its somewhere in between.

Comment

• hi guys,I've seen ishibashi,but iI didn't understand nothing.so, this is the guitar that i'm interested http://www.jacksonstars.com/sl07.html ,the slj1.I'd like to know the price of the guitar and about the shipping

Comment

• The price is on it! You'll just have to convert it form Yen to Euros. Try www.xe.com It's the smaller figure that's the export price iirc, the higher figure inludes Japanese sales tax which is not payable on exported guitars. As for shipping you'll have to ask them.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

• Next, Dimebag will ask us to order him one!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• RacerX is right, you really should use the search function and read the old threads rather than ask the same questions again, but I'm feeing benevolent this morning so...

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
                      hi guys,I've seen ishibashi,but iI didn't understand nothing.so, this is the guitar that i'm interested http://www.jacksonstars.com/sl07.html ,the slj1.I'd like to know the price of the guitar and about the shipping
                      The prices on the Jackson Stars web-page are list prices. Ikebe-Gakki http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...=1&page_cnt=48
                      don't ship outside Japan, but their price is indicative of street-price: 157.5k Yen for an SL-J1. You'd pay the lowest prices; those in black. Red includes a local consumption tax of 5%, which you wouldn't pay.

If you want a full quote, ask a dealer that'll ship outside Japan for a street-price. For example mail <[email protected]> or guitar japan: http://www.guitarjapan.com/jackson/jackson_sl.html
                      Either way, they'd probably have to order the guitar for you, which means a 3-4 month build time. Thus you may as well look at semi-custom options (use the search function).

I paid 18k Yen for shipping and insurance for a guitar and hard-case from Japan to Ireland. Including an SL-J1, that'd be about 1100 Euro, but don't forget the duty and tax you'd have to pay when the guitar got to Italy.. Here it'd be 3.2% duty on top of the 1100, giving 1135, and then 21% value-added-tax on top of all of that, to give about1375 Euro.
                      Last edited by ken; 08-13-2007, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• I got this 2 days ago from Ishibashi:

Unfortunately most of companies in Japan are getting into Japanese
                        traditional national summer holidays for about a week.

The manufacture on your guitar will be started after that holiday.

That may delay some of the other orders aswell.

EDIT:
                        Does anyone know from when to when are these holidays?
                        Last edited by Nazgul; 08-13-2007, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• thank you for all the answer

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                            EDIT:
                            Does anyone know from when to when are these holidays?
                            My co HQ is off from Aug 10 - 20

The national holiday Obon is Aug 11 - 15 this year:

Basic information about the Japanese Obon festival and holiday season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              My co HQ is off from Aug 10 - 20

The national holiday Obon is Aug 11 - 15 this year:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html
                              Ron-san, is your present employer a Japanese company?
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• Hai!

Comment

Working...
                                X