No announcement yet.

custom design on DK2M jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at your local automotive store, they should sell something called pinstripe tape, that could be right up your alley, IF you could find a thicker version.

as per being scared, don't be, it is a some what simple task, and can be done with rattle cans, it would just take a while because of the curing time.

worst come to worst, look for a parted out dk2 or dk2m, because the body could be had for cheap, i've seen dk2 bodies go for 100-150 USD without any body candy ( trem, pots, switch, etc.) use that and transfer the hard ware, you don't like it simple put the guitar back to its original state.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by alfredpotter View Post
      Can anyone enlighten me on those 'decals' one may often see on street racing cars? They're like stickers but you can't actually feel where the bodywork ends and the sticker begins. Has anyone heard of this?
      You need to speak with a professional sign maker. A buddy of mine works in a company that makes signs, car decals, etc. They can do virtually anything with adhesive materials. You can get striping in any color and width that you want.

Comment

Alright, super thin tape sounds like the greatest idea, and the least hassle. Hopefully they come in A4 sheets or something.

MountainDog. Do you happen to have any photos of the guitar that you put the Autograph squiggle on?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
          I called on an ad in the Recycler saying "USA Jackson for sale, call Steve". It was the last one he got from Jackson and needed money to finalize his divorce. Went to his place, he opened the door, I saw gold records on the wall, and immediately handed him the money without even seeing the guitar. He asked if I wanted to play it and I said "not in front of you!" He plugged it in and did a little jamming/two hand tapping. I regret that in my excitement I didn't get him to sign the back of the headstock or anything.
          ...and now repeat the story, substituting "Carvin" for "Jackson"!

I believe that there's another JCF member out there with one of Steve's Jacksons. (A 2 Hum Soloist IIRC)

Comment

That Carvin looks fantastic. How much did you pay him for it?

Comment

I think it's time for this:

Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by alfredpotter View Post
                That Carvin looks fantastic. How much did you pay him for it?
                In the region of $350 (Feb '89)

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                  Ya, that's a cool story. That guy is an amazing guitarist.
                  Totally agree. Extremely creative when it boils down to finger tapping and bending.. Check this out for him going through a few of his solos:

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Don't believe the hype about resale value of an import Jackson. They will always go down no matter what (except in the case of 1990-91 neckthroughs).
                    ...and '90-'95 KV PROs...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X