Jackson Pro Series neck joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro Series neck joints

I think the neck joints on the Jackson Pro series guitars aren't the greatest. It's bulky and access to the higher frets could be better.
    So, I have an RR3 and a KE3, has anyone sucessfuly converted it to an AANJ type? or am I wasting my time?

Thanks for your opinions

oops.. posted on the wrong board, sorry!

Comment

I've never had any trouble with them. AANJs are easier, but Jackson's heels aren't bad.

If you do chop one down, remember to get shorter neck bolts.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree, not that bad.
        But for a modern guitar, I'm wondering why they have such a vintage heel construction?

Comment

Anything else wouldn't be a Jackson It's not like Fender knows how to fix that issue either.

Comment

What's an AANJ? Can you eat it?
            Last edited by levantin; 07-07-2007, 05:39 PM.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

For the Jackson Pro series' I guess it stands for "All Antiquated Neck Joint" ? :ROTF:

Nah ... I love my Jacksons
              Last edited by sleepsus; 07-08-2007, 12:38 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

for dinky type bodies standart neck joint doesn't affect playibility imo.but japan kelly's and rr's neck joint must change.at least they must be like musicman petrucci model.it's not round like aanj but it has a similar cutaway
                -We Who Are Not As others!!!!-
                http://www.myspace.com/meditaband
                http://www.myspace.com/mfatihercan

Comment

I wouldn`t change a thing on the Import or USA Dinky`s. Very Nostalgic and very Jackson and very playable in my opinion. Now Fender`s, that is just way to blocky for me!! Jack.

Comment

I have 3 Ibanez RGs 1 AANJ and 2 old school neck plate type and I really dont see that big a difference.I just put my 93 dinky XL back together and it feels killer. The neck joint is standard Jackson and feels great.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The neck joints aren't *super* slim but they're pretty good. Not as fat as strats and such.. no complaints here.

Comment

Just find yourself a 90's Pro series guitar no worries & no changes needed, end of problem.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

The slanted heels on the PS4, I think is a little more comfortable than the modern Dinkys, but all are alot better than Fenders.

Comment

Working...
                          X