Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional DR-5

Hi!

I'm gonna buy a Jackson Professionla DR-5. Guitar is from early 90's.
    When that guitar was on production what were the price in US?
    I'm from FIN and here the guitars cost a lot more than in US, but thats not important..

This one I'm gonna buy has Dimarzio humbuckers so it's kind of modified one. But the original hums... What model them are?

Thanks for answers!

Can't answer your questions but I CAN do this: :ROTF:.... Congrats.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      Can't answer your questions but I CAN do this: :ROTF:.... Congrats.
      Wtf?

I just asked about original humbuckers and actual price. I did NOT ask is that guitar nice or something else

Comment

Don't get mad that is a runnig joke here on the JCF.Try looking at the catalog scans for the info you seek.
        IIRC US prices for the DR-5s were around $800.00.MSRP I remember getting a new one for $699.00 in 94.
        Pickups IIRC again JH-2 neck and J92 bridge(dual rail)I may be wrong on the pickups.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-03-2007, 03:00 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

J-80 neck and J-85 bridge thats what the catalog says.So I was incorrect.
          Awesome guitars by all means buy it especially if it has the maple/maple neck.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Don't get mad that is a runnig joke here on the JCF.
            Oh

But thanks for answers!

Comment

What finish is it? The DR2, DR3 and DR5 were among the few Jacksons that were available with ash bodies. Just curious.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                What finish is it? The DR2, DR3 and DR5 were among the few Jacksons that were available with ash bodies. Just curious.
                Hmm... I just don't know. Assuming I understand the question correctly
                I'm not good at english

But I put some pictures...

Comment

Ok, I post just one pic 'cos I'm busy...

And correction about the humbuckers, hums are SD SH-6 set, not dimarzio.

I got an idea about swaping that tremolo to OFR and humbuckers to EMG 81-85, 81-81 or SD Twin hotrail -SD JB TB4.
                  Last edited by BassBeast; 07-04-2007, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I had a DR-5 with the "flat blue" finish. You could see the wood grain - it was almost like primer. I hated the finish, but the guitar had a SICK THIN neck!! The pickups definitely were craptacular though, so consider it a better investment with aftermarket p'ups.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                      I had a DR-5 with the "flat blue" finish. You could see the wood grain - it was almost like primer. I hated the finish, but the guitar had a SICK THIN neck!! The pickups definitely were craptacular though, so consider it a better investment with aftermarket p'ups.
                      Offset dots on that? Didn't know they made the DR-5 with the satin finish. That would have made it an ash body, which I think was only ever offered on the Dinky Reverse, Stealth and JRS models. Not even the USA DR-2 sound good with the stock Screamin' Demon in the bridge, but a Full Shred was the cure for that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Offset dots on that? Didn't know they made the DR-5 with the satin finish. That would have made it an ash body, which I think was only ever offered on the Dinky Reverse, Stealth and JRS models. Not even the USA DR-2 sound good with the stock Screamin' Demon in the bridge, but a Full Shred was the cure for that.
                        Offset. And yep, they did, unless I'm mistaken... Screamin's blow...but the Full Shred is a fine remedy. I sold mine at Music Off 10 when Steve was there - what a Jackson/Charvel nut he was!!

Comment

the DR-5 also came in a satin black finish, which showed the grain too.

Also, add the Fusion Plus as another Jackson available in ash.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X