GAS got me again.What model is it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS got me again.What model is it.

Could not resist this one. The guitar is unmarked, the case is unmarked, the strap is brand new. What model is it? It's got an 8 digit serial number starting with 99.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150137973031
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Hard to say but it looks like an earlier Model RR3.
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Control layout is different from the early RR-3 in the catalogues, and the serial doesn't match a japanese made guitar. I'd say it is an RX10D that someone switched out the hardware on.

Comment

I'm trying to get hold of the buyer for some history on this. It does not "look" like anything has been changed over on it, the bridge has a blank bit where the Jackson logo would normally be and the posts and inserts are matching black to the bridge. It's a screw in bar on it too. PUP's sound weak and will need changing and the neck is quite fat. Body is light and I'll have to move the front strap button too. These cases are expensive over here so all in all I think I got a good deal here. Just want to know exactly what I have
        Last edited by Speiro; 07-08-2007, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
          It does not "look" like anything has been changed over on it, the bridge has a blank bit where the Jackson logo would normally be and the posts and inserts are matching black to the bridge.
          That's pretty standard for a JT500 trem. A lot of imports use the exact same trem, with the blank area where you would expect the manufacturer logo to be. All signs point to an older RX10D, especially if the controls are rear-mounted with no RR1-style scratch plate. I believe they originally used unmarked Armstrong pickups instead of Duncan Designed, which would also fit your description.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
            That's pretty standard for a JT500 trem. A lot of imports use the exact same trem, with the blank area where you would expect the manufacturer logo to be. All signs point to an older RX10D, especially if the controls are rear-mounted with no RR1-style scratch plate. I believe they originally used unmarked Armstrong pickups instead of Duncan Designed, which would also fit your description.
            Yep, the controls are rear mounted. Thanks for that info. Any idea on how old it may be? The guy obviously didn't play it much, it was really badly set up too. I think he nust have put new strings on it and not known how to set the Floyd to float properly.

Comment

If the pickups are stock, it should be a 2000. I think that was the first year of the RX10D, and the Armstrong pickups were only used for a year or so before the switch to Duncan Designed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                If the pickups are stock, it should be a 2000. I think that was the first year of the RX10D, and the Armstrong pickups were only used for a year or so before the switch to Duncan Designed.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X