Jackson KIng V KV3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KIng V KV3?

A few years back I purchased a Jackson king v from a buddy of mine, I never found out what year it was made in or if it was a Japanese made guitar. It has 7 numbers as the serial # and is imprinted on the neck plate the first 3 numbers are 966xxxx if any one can helpout it would be greatly apreciated.

Made in the Japan factory around 1999. 22 frets. Poplar body. JT580 trem.
    Here's a catalog scan:

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jac...1999Page11.htm

Welcome. Please don't ask where the Classified section is.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thank you so much! i knew that Racer X would help me out. I figured this much, "Racer X seems to awnser everyones message, chances are he will awnser mine."
      so how do i know if it is indeed a KV3 the funny thing and the wierd thing about this guitar is that the output jack is next to the neckstrap button. I always thought this was an intresting set up

Comment

Does it have satin chrome hardware? AFAIK all KV3s did.
        And yes, the output jack on these should be on the upper wing next to the strap button. Which is definitely the best place for it.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

If it is a 22-fret, bolt-on KV with the jack in the upper wing, then it is a KV-3. It was the KV equivalent to the RR-3, made in Japan - and according to the catalogues, it was offered between 1998-1999.

Comment

You could also remove the trem springs and then remove the neck (as opposed to loosening the strings) and see what's stamped on the neck heel. Should read KV-3, and maybe a year.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Yep! What he said!
                - Adam

Comment

Last edited by ossmetallica; 07-14-2007, 03:15 PM. Reason: Picture edit

Comment

Tasty I wish they put the jack up there on ALL King V models. I can't stand the lower wing jack.
                    - Adam

Comment

you know at first i hated it when the jack was there cause i almost felt like it was a lefty turned into a righty but i like it now

Comment

That's the original placement for the jack. =)
                        It was there on the RR model, and the KV being a derative of the RR, followed suit.

Comment

Working...
                        X